Can an Iron Cobra double pedal be converted into 2 singles?

BassDriver

Silver Member
...all the images I have seen on the net look misleading and the floor plate of the slave pedal has spikes....so...is it actually convertable with that spike feature?...might one have to remove the spikes and add on an additional hoop clamp or something?

it can be done with a little work and some added parts, but in all honesty you can by a new single p900 for $112 bucks, it's probably cheaper to buy a new single then try and convert a double.....

i've only seen it done once so i can't be sure about all of them, but the bearings on the right side of the slave need to be switched, possibly both sides. i believe the top of the pillars need to be switched cuz the slave ones are smaller, the shaft, beater casting, need a bass clamp. maybe a few more things.....

the guy i watched convert them had a single with a broken foot plate and a double with (i think) rusted and seized bearings on the slave, used parts from one to fix the other and get to working singles out of it. this was also 4 years ago so i can't swear to my memory being exactly accurate either....

Back