Recording electronic kit

You can record your Yamy as a an audio file and also maybe a midi file. The advantage of recording midi is every tom, snare and cymbal etc are recorded separately and so you can easily correct any timing errors but also have the power to make changes really easily - assuming you have a cakewalk/protools/logic equivalent software loaded on your PC.

However, on a budget - you can download garageband for free and record the yamy as an audio file. HOWEVER, you need a USB or firewire interface. These are little boxes that will take audio or midi in and send out signals to your PC via USB2.0 or firewire. If you are on a strict budget go for USB. This will be your only cost other than cables and maybe software if you need it.

Cheapest interfaces are around $100. Check out Edirol and Tascam products.

Peace
Davo

Okay... CHEAPEST way...
Get yourself a 1/8th inch stereo cable...
Plug the cable into the back of your module in the output channel (may need an adapter) or the headphone jack.
Plug the other end into your pc's mic input (usually pink ring on the pc or has a microphone icon) If your sound card has a stereo input then use that instead.
Download Audacity (free) http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Then you can record from your kit into your pc for the cost of one cable. ($5-10 at radioshack)
:)

Now this won't be pro-level or anything but if you're just looking to make some quick recordings to share online or listen to later this will be fine. The best way is to use midi and then play back through your synth then into some type of professional mixer/studio gear but this method has served me well to record stuff to share with my band.

Believe me a cheap USB interface off ebay and you'll be away. You'll be stunned at the quality of the recording.

Davo

Okay... CHEAPEST way...
Get yourself a 1/8th inch stereo cable...
Plug the cable into the back of your module in the output channel (may need an adapter) or the headphone jack.
Plug the other end into your pc's mic input (usually pink ring on the pc or has a microphone icon) If your sound card has a stereo input then use that instead.
Download Audacity (free) http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Then you can record from your kit into your pc for the cost of one cable. ($5-10 at radioshack)
:)

Now this won't be pro-level or anything but if you're just looking to make some quick recordings to share online or listen to later this will be fine. The best way is to use midi and then play back through your synth then into some type of professional mixer/studio gear but this method has served me well to record stuff to share with my band.

That's exactly what i would say for the cheapest. A USB interface will sound better but not really massively so if you're still recording from the same source. As it's a line level signal as long as your computer has a line in port it should be fine.

Back