Ugh! I hate my feet!

I hate to be one of those "if I only had a better (fill in the blank) I could play better. However, I did go through several pedals.

I have ended up with the Tama Speed Cobra. I've been playing it for nearly a year. I go back to my Iron Cobras (PG and FG) every once in a while but I play much smoother and more relaxed on the Speed Cobra. I'm not sure if it's the lighter feel, round cam, long board, or a combination, but it just seems to suit me fee the best.

I've also tried--and returned--a few other pedals. I haven't taken that new Sonor pedal home yet though. But as I said, I don't want to use a piece of gear as a crutch instead of just getting my foot up to speed.

Personally I find longboard pedals the worst for playing single foot doubles.

Personally I find longboard pedals the worst for playing single foot doubles.

I wonder why that is. I read that a lot too.

Everyone's foot is different. I could just play much easier on the Speed Cobra. Maybe the longboard has something to do with it. I keep my heel pretty much at the base of the pedal; practically on the heel plate. I feel much more comfortable pivoting from there than with the other pedals I've tried. I just seem to have more leverage with the SC without having to move as much. Seems weird but it works.

If you were to post a video of your right foot while you played a samba at your fastest and then at a very comfortable tempo it might help us out. The samba ostinato is one of the couple things I can do well haha. Hopefully I can be of some help! Can you post a video?

If you were to post a video of your right foot while you played a samba at your fastest and then at a very comfortable tempo it might help us out. The samba ostinato is one of the couple things I can do well haha. Hopefully I can be of some help! Can you post a video?

Thanks, but I don't have a way of posting a video/

On the foot issue, it has improved a little since I started this thread. Due in part to a new pedal.

I hate to be one of those people that uses equipment as a crutch. I even mentioned that a few posts back. But I just recently tried out one of those Tama/Camco reissue pedals. I found I to be incredibly light and fast.

After messing with it for a couple hours, I played the Samba groove much more relaxed at what used to be my max tempo. I used to be maxed out and felt completely stressed around 160, which is admittedly not incredibly fast. Getting used to this pedal has allowed me to play much quicker and more relaxed. I don't see myself going back to the SC pedal.

Not to say the pedal is the only thing that has helped. There were also many hours spent working on this.

Thanks, but I don't have a way of posting a video/

On the foot issue, it has improved a little since I started this thread. Due in part to a new pedal.

I hate to be one of those people that uses equipment as a crutch. I even mentioned that a few posts back. But I just recently tried out one of those Tama/Camco reissue pedals. I found I to be incredibly light and fast.

After messing with it for a couple hours, I played the Samba groove much more relaxed at what used to be my max tempo. I used to be maxed out and felt completely stressed around 160, which is admittedly not incredibly fast. Getting used to this pedal has allowed me to play much quicker and more relaxed. I don't see myself going back to the SC pedal.

Not to say the pedal is the only thing that has helped. There were also many hours spent working on this.

Just curious, which pedal are you using now in place of the SC?

Back