Best double pedal of the following pedals?

csmug822

I know that it comes down to personal preference but I'm finding that I like these pedals almost all the same and they're all the same price so I was wondering if I could get you guys' opinion on which pedal you think performs the best/will last well:

- Tama Speed Cobra
- DW 5000
- DW 8000

for me it would be between the DW 5000 and Speed Cobra. I like DW pedals but lean more toward the Speed Cobra.

Speed cobra FTW!!! They very smooth and have a longer board AFAIK.

Oh and please do your self a favor and try all 3 of the pedals out :D

I know that it comes down to personal preference but I'm finding that I like these pedals almost all the same and they're all the same price so I was wondering if I could get you guys' opinion on which pedal you think performs the best/will last well:

- Tama Speed Cobra
- DW 5000
- DW 8000

Pedals are a fickle mistress, indeed. If I showed up to a gig and three pedals were there to choose to play with I'd pick the DW5000. I can make that pedal work without hastle, just preference like you said.

Thanks for all of the responses. It sounds like no one likes the 8000...any particular reason why? I heard it's like the 5000 and 9000 combined. It's the only one of the three I haven't tried because it's back-ordered in most of the stores around here.

I haven't tried the 8000. Sounds like a great pedal. One thing I know for sure, my pedals are the single most important piece of equipment I ALWAYS take with me. Don't rush the purchase if you can help it. Play as many as you possibly can then decide which one feels best to you. I play a IC single and Power Shifter Eliminator dbls. Haven't had any problems with either and they didn't break the bank.

Do you like the all-silver look? Then get the Tamas. If you like the black and steel look, then you have a choice of either the 5000 or 8000! All DW pedals tend to feel the same to me (I have a DW5002 now), so 5000 or 8000, probably doesn't matter which one you get. All three are good, it's just a matter of aesthetics.

I was in Sam Ash for a WHILE today trying these pedals. I thought the Speed Cobra's attack on the bass drum was kinda weird (sorta like a slap rather than a hit, though I'm sure this could be modified with a different beater maybe...?) and its foot board was kinda slippery. I liked the DW 5000 a lot, but couldn't really compare it to the 8000 because the double pedal model they had out to try was not in the best shape (the single pedal one was really nice though). They also didn't have the 8000 out at Guitar Center...can anybody give me their opinion on the 5000 vs. the 8000?? It seems like I won't be able to try the 8000 double pedal anywhere

I was in Sam Ash for a WHILE today trying these pedals. I thought the Speed Cobra's attack on the bass drum was kinda weird (sorta like a slap rather than a hit, though I'm sure this could be modified with a different beater maybe...?) and its foot board was kinda slippery. I liked the DW 5000 a lot, but couldn't really compare it to the 8000 because the double pedal model they had out to try was not in the best shape (the single pedal one was really nice though). They also didn't have the 8000 out at Guitar Center...can anybody give me their opinion on the 5000 vs. the 8000?? It seems like I won't be able to try the 8000 double pedal anywhere

About the Speed Cobra Beater...
Specially designed for the Speed Cobra to give the bass drum more sound projection and rich resonance. The convex head shape focuses the power generated by the beater stroke's action to the smaller surface area. This angle gives you a more focused attack and punchy sonic penetration. Rotate the beater head for larger surface contact and get a fatter sound with extremely powerful volume

Here's the link: http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/speedcobra/features.html

Tama Speed Cobra is the best pedal of those. I think because of the performance and action.
All of those pedals are well made though.

Back