When is this from?

nirvanadrummer

I have a gretsch catalina club in a red wine pearl wrap. Any idea when this may be from and how rare it is?

Attachments

• 20121017102837.jpg
    20121017102837.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 255
Use the "Manage Attachments" button instead of ImageShack or anything like that, you'll be able to send actual-size photos.

Even without seeing it clearly, I would hazard a guess that it's a dealer exclusive finish that wasn't available everywhere. Some drum companies will make a limited amount of kits in a different color than usual and sell it at a specific store chain. Gretsch does that a lot. If that's the case then you could say it is somewhat rare compared to their usual available finishes. As for where/when it was sold I don't know. I'd email Gretsch.

It's a lovely finish BTW.

Here it is, in a much larger format. Note: this is a pretty old picture, FYI

The Catalina Club line is anything but rare. Although yours is in a discontinued color, they were (and still are) sold by the dozens in Guitar Centers across the country. The component drums themselves may be difficult to find, but that won't necessarily make them particularly valuable. It's worth what any other intermediate-level kit would be worth on the used market.

The Catalina Club line is anything but rare. Although yours is in a discontinued color, they were (and still are) sold by the dozens in Guitar Centers across the country. The component drums themselves may be difficult to find, but that won't necessarily make them particularly valuable. It's worth what any other intermediate-level kit would be worth on the used market.

Yes, I recognize that the catalina line is not rare. But I have only found two other people who have this, so I was wondering if the finish/wrap is somewhat rare

Back