Custom Sized Cymbals?

Evilbagua

Silver Member
Do any other companies beside Sabian make custom sized cymbals? I want to get a 28" ride. All my current cymbals are Zildjian's at the moment, and If it's possible I'd like a 28" Zildjian ride. Anyway any help would be appreciated, thanks everyone.

Yes. You have to go to a Sabian, Zildjian or whatever distributor and have them place a special order.

I believe Istanbul Agop will do custom orders for select dealers like CymbalsOnly.com up to 26."

Question. Have you ever played a 28" cymbal before? Quite the mass of metal to apply a stick to and control with limited in most cases use due to many factors IMO. I have a 24" SE TW Jazz ride and that's as big as I could ever imagine going for real life professional use regardless of genre.

Another thing to consider is the difficulties from initial casting to extensive hand or machine labour depending on who is involved with making 24" and up cymbals. You'll be spending some very serious $$$$ on big pieces of B20 bronze regardless of who you could find to produce one. On a custom size like that you will probably have to pay a sizable deposit or the balance in full up front {?} so you better like the sound produced by a 28" cymbal for sure is my feeling :}

I believe Istanbul Agop will do custom orders for select dealers like CymbalsOnly.com up to 26."

Question. Have you ever played a 28" cymbal before? Quite the mass of metal to apply a stick to and control with limited in most cases use due to many factors IMO. I have a 24" SE TW Jazz ride and that's as big as I could ever imagine going for real life professional use regardless of genre.

Another thing to consider is the difficulties from initial casting to extensive hand or machine labour depending on who is involved with making 24" and up cymbals. You'll be spending some very serious $$$$ on big pieces of B20 bronze regardless of who you could find to produce one. On a custom size like that you will probably have to pay a sizable deposit or the balance in full up front {?} so you better like the sound produced by a 28" cymbal for sure is my feeling :}

I have played an 28" ride I believe a 1960's? a zildjian I like how defined the sticking sound was and it had a lot of cut which is the sound I am after. It was used at a guitar center and I didn't have the cash at the time. I talked 2 days ago with Sabian's western regional manager at a local shop while he was doing a sabian prototype tour thing, and he ball parked me the price of an AA 28" ride at around 440ish which I dont think is that crazy of a price for the size. I was just wondering if other companies could make them so i could talk with them about price.

I have played an 28" ride I believe a 1960's? a zildjian I like how defined the sticking sound was and it had a lot of cut which is the sound I am after. It was used at a guitar center and I didn't have the cash at the time. I talked 2 days ago with Sabian's western regional manager at a local shop while he was doing a sabian prototype tour thing, and he ball parked me the price of an AA 28" ride at around 440ish which I dont think is that crazy of a price for the size. I was just wondering if other companies could make them so i could talk with them about price.

Well you know what you're in for and that seems like a decent quote considering the size.

If it comes to life certainly post some pics and a sound file. Good luck!

28 inchers are for whimps:

30" A Zildjian

6800_top_big.jpg

(courtesy of Matt Bettis)

I like how the price for the 30" ride is "too much plus shipping". Made my day.

Well I'm off to California. Wish me luck. Good day

Back