Jorge89

Pearl Masters MCX Mocha Tamo
10x8 Tom
12x9 Tom
16x16 Floor Tom
22x18 Bass Drum
13x6.5 Yamaha Steve Jordan Snare

579888_4033377829965_269386787_n.jpg

Looks great! Practicing your left foot clave I see?

Well, I'm going to give you a quick insight about myself. I'm Cuban American, born in Miami, Florida and spanish is actually my first language and Italian my third. I've always loved afro cuban rhythms and traditional Cuban music... The only reason I'm telling you this is because I'd like to think I feel the clave very well since I've been exposed to it all my life.

I havent started using the feet yet in the "Conversations in Clave" book. What I did do is practice playing the 3-2 clave with my left foot and the bomba with the right foot (which would be on the ah of 1, and of 2, ah of 3, and of 4 if you were counting in common time) while improvising on top of the ostinato or play some basic rudiments from "stick control".
Sorry for the excessive amount of infomation. Just wanted to share. I'll post some more pictures when I get a chance!

Nice! The finish reminds me of what a pint of Guinness looks like while settling after being poured lol! I really like the look of die cast hoops as well but from the opinions of them and how they are it scares me away from maybe trying them some day if and when I am able to get different set.

Nice! The finish reminds me of what a pint of Guinness looks like while settling after being poured lol! I really like the look of die cast hoops as well but from the opinions of them and how they are it scares me away from maybe trying them some day if and when I am able to get different set.

I would have to completely agree with you, I've always loved triple flanged hoops and are alot easier to tune but with the die cast hoops the tom sounds very controlled in good ways. It still resonates and has warmth to it yet those minor overtones aren't sporadic if you know what I mean.

I have that same kit! It's absolutely gorgeous, plus it tunes like a dream, and the hardware is killer.

Attachments

• wide shot.jpg
    wide shot.jpg
    856.6 KB · Views: 1,182
Congrats Jorge,

Your new Masters MCX kit looks amazing in Mocha Tamo!
Nice, tight setup too. :)

Here are some more pictures of the kit! I couldn't take any front shots since it's against the wall but I took some photos with different effects and lighting...

522638_4097404550593_158819552_n.jpg

168253_4097404950603_403627261_n.jpg

562129_4097405630620_339561517_n.jpg

421557_4097406710647_232129182_n.jpg

523464_4097406990654_1127523254_n.jpg

575696_4097407350663_1549061312_n.jpg

ENJOY!

I have that same kit! It's absolutely gorgeous, plus it tunes like a dream, and the hardware is killer.

Totally! I'm still thinking if I should buy coated emps or coated g2s...
I'm a Remo fan but I may switch just to see whatsup.
I hate the stock heads just because single ply and clear heads sound papery for my taste.

Totally! I'm still thinking if I should buy coated emps or coated g2s...
I'm a Remo fan but I may switch just to see whatsup.
I hate the stock heads just because single ply and clear heads sound papery for my taste.

I hear ya! I'm an evans man but with your standard coated/clear 2 ply/1 ply heads I haven't noticed much difference. I will give props to pearl though, I don't know if its the hoops, the shells, the edges, or some combination of them, but these things tune up easy with just about any head! There a great set of drums all around.

Last edited:
Did you try your kit to hear what it sounds like in some other direction other than facing an untreated wall?

Dennis

Did you try your kit to hear what it sounds like in some other direction other than facing an untreated wall?

Dennis

My room is small and facing it against a wall takes up the least amount of space. The acoustics in the room are terrible, I get practically no low frequencies in my room. The house is also elevated and the tile floors don't make it any better either. The kit still sounds great though. What recommendations would you have?

I used to work at GuitarCenter in Oklahoma City while I was at school there & the Pearl Masters and Tama Starclassic B/B's were the best sounding to me. I'm in Miami, Florida right now for the summer till school starts up again in August so I have my drums set up like that since my room is extremely limited with space until I get back to OKC and gig with my new babies.

-Jorge

Back