I need HELP!!!

Michael Shane

OK..here's the deal, I'm new to this forum and have been reading several posts. seems like ya'll know your business for the most part so i really hope someone can help me find what i'm looking for. I want to get a Ludwig 100 year decal for my front 20" kick and saw a pic of a costom job with on it. Hopfuly someone can point me in the right direction as to getting this decal. the decal is described as this...

Attachments

• ludwig logo.jpg
    ludwig logo.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 246
  • ludwig_namm093.jpg
    ludwig_namm093.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 494
Those heads appear to be a special head made for the NAMM show held recently.
I would try contacting Ludwig, Inc and see if the heads or the decals are for sale. They may just put them on limited edition drums.

Thanks for at least reading my thread guys. I've emailed Ludwig with my search before I posted here...NO REPLY. I know that I'm really takin a shot in the dark but maybe I'll get lucky

Honest question: Why? Do you really feel the need to advertise for them that way? I mean, it's a nice logo, but it isn't your band, it isn't a company you have an endorsement with...I'm honestly trying to figure out why people do this kind of thing.

you could always get that made by a custom drum art company, like drumart.com. (i have no experience with them, but i like their web site.) all you'd need to do is provide them with an image file of some kind, and it looks like you already have that. actually, i'll bet ludwig used a company like that themselves to get those made. they'd probably just refer you to whoever they used.

Honest question: Why? Do you really feel the need to advertise for them that way? I mean, it's a nice logo, but it isn't your band, it isn't a company you have an endorsement with...I'm honestly trying to figure out why people do this kind of thing.

Honost answer: when I saw it I just got it in my head that I had to have it...probably just a phase that will end in a few weeks but for now its what I want..part of it has to do with the fact that its going on a Centennial kit

Maybe he's a collector. Maybe he takes pride in his Ludwigs. I know if I saved up and bought my dream kit I wouldn't rip off the reso head simply because they're not paying me. I'd proudly sail that flag if it was a product I truely believe in. ...My RockPros on the other hand.....

Honest question: Did you use Silverfox before your endorsement?

EDIT

Good answer Micheal :)

What you could do is find someone with graphics skills who can convert that logo to a vector image, then have it rendered at a large enough size to be printed on an A3 or even A2 sticker sheet. Voila.

Maybe he's a collector. Maybe he takes pride in his Ludwigs. I know if I saved up and bought my dream kit I wouldn't rip off the reso head simply because they're not paying me. I'd proudly sail that flag if it was a product I truely believe in. ...My RockPros on the other hand.....

Honest question: Did you use Silverfox before your endorsement?

EDIT

Good answer Micheal :)

Of course I did. I wouldn't endorse a product I didn't use regularly. I actually turned down a custom drum manufacturer that was talking to me about an endorsement for that reason. I am also trying some cymbals from a company that has talked to me about endorsements...but I want to see if they are worth endorsing.

I agree that I won't rip off resos just to not have a sticker on there, but to actually seek out and buy the right to advertise for a company just seems weird to me. I always think it's strange when people put stickers on their head and advertise for companies, when they get nothing in return. Heck, if having the Silver Fox sticker on my head wasn't a part of my deal, I wouldn't do it.

Back