3 bass pedals showdown!

SimSalaBim

So got my funds together and am on a hunt for a new pedal. I have 3 options in mind:

Mapex Falcon
Tama Speed Cobra
Tama Iron Cobra

Which one do you recommend. I play mostly heel up rock funk music. Thanks.

The falcons are great pedals, I recommend trying them out of you get a chance. Also, be aware that new Iron Cobras and Speed Cobras have an issue with the slave wobbling, you have to take it apart to fix it.

The falcons are great pedals, I recommend trying them out of you get a chance. Also, be aware that new Iron Cobras and Speed Cobras have an issue with the slave wobbling, you have to take it apart to fix it.

It's been a few months and I've had no issue with the slave wobbling.

This is a good question for me so I'll give a shot.

I was totally set on buying some Mapex Falcons but for $400 I was having to wait too long to save up, so I checked out Craigslist just to see what I could see.

I found some Iron Cobras used in great condition for $200 so I just grabbed em.

I'm glad I did because I like my IC's.

That was more or less when the new Falcons just came out. There might be some used ones now at a good price.
Honestly, I would grab the one used in the best condition for the best price and call it good. :)

Picked up a Speed Cobra double tonite. Wasnt planning on it, but the thing is almost mint and I paid $190, and the seller even threw in a Pearl snare stand. I have 2 gigs this week, we'll see how it does.

It doesnt even look like its been played. I figured at that price I'd take a chance on it, given all the good things I've read about them.

Played the SC's tonight for the first time at rehearsal. Factory settings on spring tension, cobra coil, and footboard height. Brought hte beater an inch closer to the head. First impressions are - ehhh. Felt good at times, a little sluggish at times. Didnt stand out from my trusty old Yamahas really. I have gigs tommorow night and on Tuesday night. Gonna crank the tension a bit, maybe move the Cobra coil around. Will report back with thoughts.

Back