Hi-Hat rod

You can go to the hardware store and find out what size nut fits the threads at the bottom of the rod. I'm not sure whether yours is Metric or SAE.

Might be tough to find that in Switzerland.

You might be able to email Mapex and find out the thread specs and then if they have that info for one on sale somewhere else you can match them up.

Or, bring your high hat rod to a drum shop and see which different brands that they have match up.

Hi. I would say that any Taye, or Gibraltar rod should work. I believe they're pseudo "standardized" aside from maybe the Sonor/Germans as you said. Taye probably made that stand for MApex anyway as that's their main business. You'd be amazed how many companies sub-contract their hardware production to Taye's Taiwan/Chinese facility. Good luck!

Its dicey, they're not all the same.

TAMA uses a smaller rod for instance. The cheaper models in the same brand may be different.

Just measure.

Taking your nut to the hardware store is a good one, if you don't have the wherewithal to measure nuts, or rods.

I've tried the mix-and-match route with a couple of hi-hat stands with poor results. Your best bet is a replacement part specific to that manufacturer/model.

I needed a hi hat rod of a different length once and I took my old rod to the hardware store where I found the diameter and thread, bought some stock and a corresponding die and made my own. The stock was cheap, the most expensive part of it was the die.

Its dicey, they're not all the same.

TAMA uses a smaller rod for instance. The cheaper models in the same brand may be different.

Just measure.

Taking your nut to the hardware store is a good one, if you don't have the wherewithal to measure nuts, or rods.

Second that. The only way to be sure is to measure it yourself or go to the nearest hardware store to get the accurate sizing. Also bring the rod to measure its width. Most are 1/4".

Back