NAMM booth- almost there!

BillRayDrums

Gold Member
bSHGc6c.jpg

Gotta skirt in those two lower parts of the cases, but that's the booth at about 90%. :D

Had to drive back home (90min) to get a few things that we forgot (tom brackets, ouch...) Being that there's not a single drum shop in SoCal that's got parts... Guitar Center? Sam Ash? Fuhgeddaboutit... yer screwed.No one, NO ONE carries tom mounting brackets. It's just ridiculous.

Anyhow... didn't come here to rant, just invite y'all over to #2663 in Hall D, just across from Turkish Cymbals. :D

Cool!!!

And the TUNE BOT guys will probably tune your drums for the halibut.

i saw that ARKY...........

Yeah, those guys are very nice. :D I want to have an A/B contest with those guys' device. I'm my own tunebot and have a very specific sound I go for. I want to see if that device can make what I create even better.

The Cympad guys (Ingo and co.) are our other neighbors.

I made that display for about $75. Pulled out the shelving units from my garage, installed grommets in my drum rug so I could use it as a backdrop in the "display case"... speaking of.... I got some halogen lights off Craigslist for the case where the drums are hanging and they will be turned on tomorrow.

The sign was basically scraps of plexiglas that my friend cut for me with the laser cutter and I painted them up. Same with the oval. The backboard is a piece of that foam insulation; I was looking for wood at Home Depot and saw that and was like "oooooh yeah." :D

And we have counter space AND storage space. And best thing- we got COFFEE!!!!!1! Woot

FYI-I am incredibly persnickety about layout because that's part of what I do.; Were I able to write inline CSS and straight up HTML in this forum I'd be thrilled to do so.

So if I post something and it looks ginormous, chances are I'm gonna change the size in the next 5 minutes.

That's the OCD in me. :D

Last edited:
Best of luck man,looks great..Leaving and thinking you forgot something is the worst part of being a musician .U wait till ya get my age bro.......

Being that there's not a single drum shop in SoCal that's got parts... Guitar Center? Sam Ash? Fuhgeddaboutit... yer screwed.No one, NO ONE carries tom mounting brackets. It's just ridiculous.

Sounds like this is the business you ought to be in.

“Necessity is the mother of invention”

Back