Tom angles!!!!

Re: tom angles!!!!

Then that means the toms could be 6 - 8 inches further apart. Oh My.

Thanks to everyone who's posted on this thread, so glad I stumbled upon it.....honestly, I'm in tears here. Can't remember the last time I've laughed this hard. Keep 'em coming....PLEASE!!

A few more eBay gems. Certainly a contender in here for DMC's farthest toms challenge. Love the two views of the "rock" kit. As close to upside down toms as possible.

Attachments

• !B,eBz2wBmk~$(KGrHgoH-C4EjlLl0-E2BKrnsUTK9g~~_35.jpg
    !B,eBz2wBmk~$(KGrHgoH-C4EjlLl0-E2BKrnsUTK9g~~_35.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 739
  • !B,fsY6Q!2k~$(KGrHgoOKjYEjlLmS1ctBKrsSfeIKw~~_35.jpg
    !B,fsY6Q!2k~$(KGrHgoOKjYEjlLmS1ctBKrsSfeIKw~~_35.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 734
  • !BZPIDDQ!2k~$(KGrHgoH-C8EjlLlh!lGBKlsbkPE0w~~_35.jpg
    !BZPIDDQ!2k~$(KGrHgoH-C8EjlLlh!lGBKlsbkPE0w~~_35.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 736
  • !BZPIGqwBmk~$(KGrHgoH-EYEjlLl0H2jBKlsbtsQGw~~_35.jpg
    !BZPIGqwBmk~$(KGrHgoH-EYEjlLl0H2jBKlsbtsQGw~~_35.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 733
  • !B,e7dLQCGk~$(KGrHgoH-DcEkJw2KwwWBKrp9q16j!~~_14.jpg
    !B,e7dLQCGk~$(KGrHgoH-DcEkJw2KwwWBKrp9q16j!~~_14.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 726
  • !BYu))bwBGk~$(KGrHgoH-CIEjlLl0nU1BKjGUwD5Jw~~_35.jpg
    !BYu))bwBGk~$(KGrHgoH-CIEjlLl0nU1BKjGUwD5Jw~~_35.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 730
  • !BZ7T4TwBmk~$(KGrHgoH-EEEjlLlyg1NBKpCZ,mi8!~~_35.jpg
    !BZ7T4TwBmk~$(KGrHgoH-EEEjlLlyg1NBKpCZ,mi8!~~_35.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 732

This was posted here elsewhere. I just wanted to say the rolls of toilet paper in the bass drum speak volumes about this set.

I think it may be rolls of Bounty, and that kit can walk the plank.
AAArrrrrhhh

yeah! what are these people thinking?

my theory is that a lot of these kits are set up by parents whose kids have moved away to college or whatever and they want to sell their kits to free up room in the house. i'll bet the parents, who no doubt know zero about drums, set them up any way they can and snap those pictures. that doesn't explain all of them though. there are some that clearly have been played in wacky configurations.

I purposely cut the tubes on my tom mounts shorter with a pipe cutter so that I wouldn't have all that extra metal on my kit to add weight and take up space when I lugged it around. I figured that if I didn't need all that length to set up properly, Why have it! I don't know why the manufacturers make the tom tubes so long????
Does anyone know? Perhaps they do it for us so that we can have this thread!

I purposely cut the tubes on my tom mounts shorter with a pipe cutter so that I wouldn't have all that extra metal on my kit to add weight and take up space when I lugged it around. I figured that if I didn't need all that length to set up properly, Why have it! I don't know why the manufacturers make the tom tubes so long????
Does anyone know? Perhaps they do it for us so that we can have this thread!

That's a good question. They could save money and promote better drum set up with shorter arms. I think with many newbies, they think if the arms are that long, then the drums must be out that far.

That's a good question. They could save money and promote better drum set up with shorter arms. I think with many newbies, they think if the arms are that long, then the drums must be out that far.
The first kit that I owned was from the sixties. It had a simple slide on handle type mount. You couldn't screw it up!
You had about three inches of side to side and height adjustment. The next kit that I bought was from the mid seventies and it had these whacky long tube mounts. It was only because I knew better from my old kit, that I shortened the tubes!
I was a Tom Angler for just a short while when I bought my seventies kit! It didn't take me long to figure out that to much was to much!
It was fun to be an angler though! Its like a right of passage! Everyone should try it once in their lifetime!

But he has a lap steel guitar. That pretty much makes it all better.

I like the wall hanging the best! That says it all!!!!!! It is like something that would come to life in a horror flick! A Siamese Twin doll that comes to life and torments an innocent young girl while she is drumming to songs from The Carpenters and persuades her to play Death Metal music with a misplaced snare and slanted toms! LOL!!! I'm shaking just thinking about it!

Last edited:
Back