My Ludwig Centennial Zep Set

Thought I would finally take the time to post some pics of my kit on the forum

Specs as follows

Ludwig Centennial Zep Set in black lacquer

26x14, 14x10, 16x16, 18x16 with 14x6.5 Supraphonic

Cymbals:

14 Zildjian Newbeats
2 x 18 Meinl Thomas Lang Generation X (Crash & Crash/ride)
20 Zildian K

Attachments

• Ludwig 23:01:12.jpg
    Ludwig 23:01:12.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 7,236
  • Ludwig back.jpg
    Ludwig back.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 4,759
Last edited:
congrats!!! you have a really nice drums kit, by the way very clean set up.

I was wondering how do you like those crashes as first crashes, because normally are used as effects cymbals

Thanks for the nice words. I look at my old 22' bass drum some times. I just laugh.

I was wondering how do you like those crashes as first crashes, because normally are used as effects cymbals

I bought both Thomas Lang cymbal packs when I was in to that kind of thing, as and such are the only crashes I have. I actually quite like them. They blend in nicely with my K ride and arn't to harsh on the ears.

I am of course looking to upgrade to a full set of Paiste 2oo2's eventually! Ha!

Gotta ask how do they sound & what heads are you using.

Im using coated emperors over coated ambassadors. The drums sound real good and i've had the chance to gig them in a couple different sized venues and the sound can change compared on that i.e the bigger the venue the lower they sound. One thing I have noticed, and I don't know if this is because of the coated resos is that they can sound quite muted, especially the rack tom and don't project as much as I would like...maybe this is a tuning issue.

The bass drum, in all fairness, has required a good amount of time spent on it to get a sound I like. We all have "the sound" we hope the drum gives straight from the box, but this was not the case here. I'm happy with the sound I have just now, but will no doubt experiment at a later date.

Back