Oak Custom Update

aktivguy

Hey everyone, its been a while since I posted any pictures of my Tubs.

For 3 years it was pretty much the same set up , but in the last year or so I sold some stuff , but some stuff so i figured I would add my updates for everyone to take a peek at.

In the first picture you will see the kit as it was from 2008 to about 2010 almost 2011.

After that time I added a 14 hhx evolution mini chinese ( love that for accents) and despite its size its got cut.

Gone is the 16 AAX X-plosion Crash, replaced by an 18 AAX xplosion Fast Crash
( bought off Ebay )

I also sold the HHX evolution 10 Splash , it was a fun cymbal but with another splash cymbal already I never really used this one much.

The most recent addition is the 8x7 Oak Custom Tom, it add a fun dimension to the kit and its a blast to play.

I admit the kit is probably more then I need, but for a guy who really just plays in his jam room these days . A little riff after work still brings a smile to my face.

Attachments

• oak customs 008.jpg
    oak customs 008.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 586
  • DSC03081.jpg
    DSC03081.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 577
  • DSC03079.jpg
    DSC03079.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 580
  • DSC03078.jpg
    DSC03078.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 575
  • DSC03072.jpg
    DSC03072.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 583
  • DSC03071.jpg
    DSC03071.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 581
  • DSC03070.jpg
    DSC03070.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 578
  • DSC03069.jpg
    DSC03069.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 564
Maybe its just the camera angles , but for me there is lots of room to play what i want with out hitting anything I dont want to.

I guess not everyone would be comfortable playing it , but it works for me.

here is the view from the "driver seat" you can see its not that cramped.

cheers
A

Attachments

• DSC03069 (2).jpg
    DSC03069 (2).jpg
    208 KB · Views: 521
Really nice kit you got there Congratz! What splash is that? Looks fun to play ^^

Really nice kit you got there Congratz! What splash is that? Looks fun to play ^^

thanks for the kind words, the cymbal is an 8 " AA Splash , it sounds amazing. My GF at the time bought this for me i think back in like 96 or something. She is long gone now, i guess i got the splash in the break up...lol

Nice kit man, love those flying dragons. Are those the heavy ass DW beaters? I've got those on mine and they're great.

Yeah I love how many adjustments there are on these . This is the direct drive model, I bought for a steal on ebay like 5 years ago. I have the single pedal model in the direct drive as well. I love them both . Im not really a metal guy , but it is fun to incorporate into my playing on fill combinations.

I like the sound I get with dw beaters and the emad .
Cheers
A

That's a great looking kit, how do you like that HH ride? And what heads are those on the toms?

Love the ride, its a raw bell dry ride. This was the original rbdr, when i bought it they didn't make it in any of the other sabian lines. I dont think i could ever give it up.

The Rack Toms , are a bit of a mix. the 8" is a G1, the 10 and 12 are a G2 and the 14 " is an EC2 9 soon to be replaced by a G2 as well. The G2's definitely have a more open sound.

The ec2's were really nice on this kit at a low tuning, lots of bottom end. I was just looking for a bit of a change.

Cheers
A

thanks for the kind words, the cymbal is an 8 " AA Splash , it sounds amazing. My GF at the time bought this for me i think back in like 96 or something. She is long gone now, i guess i got the splash in the break up...lol

Ah I see.......man that's sad ;C

Love the ride, its a raw bell dry ride. This was the original rbdr, when i bought it they didn't make it in any of the other sabian lines. I dont think i could ever give it up.

The Rack Toms , are a bit of a mix. the 8" is a G1, the 10 and 12 are a G2 and the 14 " is an EC2 9 soon to be replaced by a G2 as well. The G2's definitely have a more open sound.

The ec2's were really nice on this kit at a low tuning, lots of bottom end. I was just looking for a bit of a change.

Cheers
A

Wow an Ori RBDR!!!

You got the splash...she got the cash.

Back