Me at a recent gig (1/14/2012) with my DW's and Joyful Noise snare

cdrums21

Gold Member
Here's a shot of me with my kit playing the Joyful Noise snare for the first time. I know, you can't really see the snare, but I thought it was a nice pic overall. For you gear geeks (like me)...
DW's in broken glass - 22x18 kick, 12x9 mounted tom, 14x12 and 16x14 floor toms. Heads- Remo Vintage Emperors on tops of toms, clear ambassadors on bottom, clear PS3 on kick, black ambassador on front of kick, Evans coated G2 on snare batter, ambassador snare resonant head.
Cymbals- Paiste 2002 18" and 20" medium crashes, 15" sound edge hats and 24" Ride, Signature 20" heavy china. Yeah, I like the Bonham cymbal sound...very fat, cutting and crisp, with an agressive fullness.
Microphones - Audix D4's on the toms, Audix D6 on kick, Shure SM57 on snare and a Shure SM81 on the hats. I researched tom and kick mic's and I couldn't find a reason not to go with Audix. They sound great. I had an RE20 on the kick before, but it just sounded kinda "sterile" and flat. It was cool, but the D6 sounds more "modern".
Hardware, all DW including 9002 double pedal and 9000 hi-hat stand. Anyway, had some time and felt like posting.....

Attachments

• ClintAxe.jpg
    ClintAxe.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 332
  • joyful1.JPG
    joyful1.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 307
Really nice setup. I like the 1 up 2 down. Also, what size is that snare? It looks deep!

Agreed. Nice setup. VERY nice setup, in fact. :)

Extra props for your choice of cymbals and snare drum.

Patrice

Really nice setup. I like the 1 up 2 down. Also, what size is that snare? It looks deep!

Thank you! It's a 6.5x14 snare drum. It looks a little deeper in the picture, but it's the standard 6.5 inch shell depth.

Patrice said:
Agreed. Nice setup. VERY nice setup, in fact. :)

Extra props for your choice of cymbals and snare drum.

Thank you so much, I appreciate the comments! :) I was playing a Ludwig supraphonic 1976 6.5x14 ( and still do) before the Joyful noise snare came. They are both awesome snares, I love each of them for their own unique character. Thanks again!

Back