a thicker 7A?

yammieoaks

I love the length of 7As but want a little more weight, teardrop tip (wood).

Is there a little fatter 7A out there?

I've tried the Steve Gadds but don't like the barrel tip, but the weight is great.

I find that Vic Firth's 7A is a little beefier, close in feel to other companies' 5A.

Bermuda

I love the length of 7As but want a little more weight, teardrop tip (wood).

Is there a little fatter 7A out there?

I've tried the Steve Gadds but don't like the barrel tip, but the weight is great.

If you like the Steve Gadd sticks except for the tip, try the Dave Weckl Evolution sticks. They have approximately the same length, thickness and weight, but they have the acorn tips. I just bought a set of both last weekend to try them out.

Dennis

If you like the Steve Gadd sticks except for the tip, try the Dave Weckl Evolution sticks. They have approximately the same length, thickness and weight, but they have the acorn tips. I just bought a set of both last weekend to try them out.

Dennis
yep, sounds like they could work well...will try to get them & try them out, thanks

Vater 7As are bit longer (16") and the wood model has the round tip (.540)
VF 7As and 8Ds are the same diameter (.535) but the 8As are longer, 85As are .555
Steve Gadd's are (.535). The VF Zoro models, Vater's Studio 2 both have barrel tips and are close to the same size as well (.555). Promark's 7As are very thin so probably not what you are looking for (.512). Promark Phil Collins sticks are short like 7As though but bigger. Promark 5As are .555 and the oak sticks are a bit heavier than the hickory ones. Vater's New Orlean's series are the same size as well.

Back