Jason Bittner

Speedy

I got the Shawdows Fall cd and also read that bittner was #1 in the modern drummer polls for metal and recorded performence. His drumming to me was outstanding. His fills and double bass chops left me with my jaw dropped to the floor. He also has a drum lesson in the dvd that comes with the cd "the war within". it was pretty cool how he went thru the whole song (the light that blinds) showing his every move. They even recorded on video him playing the drums on that song when he was recording it for the cd. Great Metal Drummer! Some of the best drumming i have heard in a while in my opinon.

He is among hte best in metal drumming. He did do a lot of studying in the music field. awsome drummer. Any1 have modern drummer festival video yet?

I really dont know why Bittner gets so much fuss. I just dont see why people think he is better than Cavalera, Lombardo, Paul etc. Those three in particular have done so much more than him and Cavalera in particular just seems to get ignored.

It's not about who's faster madness....

It's about at the right moment in the right band at the right place

You're right, but I don't hear anything that Shadows Fall plays that I haven't heard before. Rather boring if you ask me. He's very solid and schooled I hear, so way to go Bittner!

Doom said:
I just dont see why people think he is better than Cavalera, Lombardo, Paul etc. .

I never said he was better than them, or even mentioned them. But I like him more than the others. I like his creativity more than the others too.

Speedy said:
I never said he was better than them, or even mentioned them. But I like him more than the others. I like his creativity more than the others too.

Actually I shouldnt have said that people think he is better than them, its just that he is getting alot of praise lately and I think there are other metal drummers who are more deserving of it.

Ok, some new Drummerworld exclusive: Jason Jason Jason

Attachments

• jason2.jpg
    jason2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 2,668
  • jason3.jpg
    jason3.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 4,987
  • jasonrob.jpg
    jasonrob.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 2,455
Hey just listen to the track "Those who cannot speak" that is sick in the chorus. not sure if its just your average 16th's or what, he makes it sound of time but it crushes so solid its just so badass. anyway bittner is my inspiration to get nasty on the kit so.....cheers to a well schooled player keeping metal drummers in the know.

Brainstemm said:
Hey just listen to the track "Those who cannot speak" that is sick in the chorus. not sure if its just your average 16th's or what, he makes it sound of time but it crushes so solid its just so badass. anyway bittner is my inspiration to get nasty on the kit so.....cheers to a well schooled player keeping metal drummers in the know.
I completely agree with you on that. bittner is my fav drummer, very thick solid beats, if you know what im talking about.

i'm new to this site and have enjoyed what i've seen so far, great site. but i can't believe i haven't seen one mention of jason bittner yet. I think the drumming on The War Within is incredible! awsome combination of power speed and technique, everything just makes sence!

That's what this thread is about fam. I think Bittner is an amazing drummer. He's not the fastest, but the way he puts everything together is awsome. I don't know, I just think his drumming flows very well.

I've seen a few of you guys mention him, and I did a search and didn't find a post actually about him. I personally love him, and love the sound of his drums. He's amazing, especially in his intro to "The Light That Blinds," not necessarily the fastest but just about the sweetest sounding intro I've ever heard.

I believe he won the up and coming metal drummer of the year if I'm not mistaken, I'm sure someone will prove this correct or incorrect soon.

Anyway, your thoughts?

I'm not too familier with him. But from what I've heard of Shadows fall, I'd have to say I like Adler better. The guy is just a bit more groovy. Bitt's got chops and speed to burn, though, and he's a dilligent drummer, so you can be sure he will (and, indeed already has) go/gone far.

Did you listen to their new album? Cause if I remember correctly he's only on that album. Just wanted to make sure.

He's pretty damn good. I like his style. He looks promising. I don't like Shadows Fall all that much, but I like his work in the band.

Back