Thinking about switcing drumheads

I usually use remo coated emperors or pinstripes, but im thinking about trying something different, any suggestions?

clear g2, classic clears20202020

It all depends on exactly you want from your drums and also the type of music you play. If your forum name is any indication, I might have an idea on your genre of music.

Dennis

i play mostly hard rock, 70s and 80s stuff, stuff like zeppelin, kiss, bad company, sabbath, motley crue, van halen, judas priest, and quiet riot

Evans FTW!
I really think they have a better control of quality than Remo does.

F

The Evans White coated G Plus would be a good choice, single ply sound with 2 ply durability.

I like Evans G2 clear heads for tom batter heads. I try others but always seem to return to G2's. My Gretsch set has EC Resonant heads on the bottoms, and I like how they sound. G2 over EC Resonant will probably become my go-to tom heads. Peace and goodwill.

I just made the switch from Remo Pinstripe Coated heads to Evans G-Plus coated heads and I couldn't be happier.
Nice deep sound with a 2-ply feel. I'd definitely recommend them.
[Edit] Also, I switched from a Coated Emperor X on my snare to an Evans ST Dry head over Hazy 300. Brilliant sound.

Back