Whats a good double pedal for around $240?

240 is about how much i have to spend and i honestly cant decide on what to get. i'd like new heads because the stock remo ut's on my mapex pro m kit just arent what i'm looking for....but also, i cant develop on double bass without a double bass pedal...i'm torn.

any ideas?

peace,
JG

Go for a DW 7002. Great little pedal, it's not extraordinary, but it does the job nicely.

If you're just starting on double bass, it might be better to go for something cheaper. This way you can see if double bass is even for you, plus you can get new heads.

I would say the new heads are more of a priority. That's a nice kit you've got so you may as well get it to sound the way it should.
As for the pedals, check the local classifieds, craigslist, ebay, etc. for a good, used double pedal. BTW, I'll throw my vote in for the Pearl Eliminator for two reasons:
1) It's an awesome pedal and you can find one used for about $150-$200
2) It's one of the most adjustable pedals out there (if not the most adjustable), so for someone like yourself who is new to double-kick, you can make the necessary adjustments and set it so that it has the right feel for you. This is very important.

For both the heads and the pedal, it may cost you a bit more than $240 (depending on how many heads you need and how much $ you get the pedal for), but it's well worth it even if it costs you $300.

Hope that helps,

Mike

Go for a DW 7002. Great little pedal, it's not extraordinary, but it does the job nicely.

If you're just starting on double bass, it might be better to go for something cheaper. This way you can see if double bass is even for you, plus you can get new heads.

Both very good advice, I picked up a DW 7000 new for $220. But if you need heads, try going for a used pedal, Pearl Eliminator is also an awesome pedal.

Ditto ! I got my DW 7002PT new for 215$ on eBay (including gift) and it's a good effective pedal with a smooth feel.

240 is about how much i have to spend and i honestly cant decide on what to get. i'd like new heads because the stock remo ut's on my mapex pro m kit just arent what i'm looking for....but also, i cant develop on double bass without a double bass pedal...i'm torn.

any ideas?

peace,
JG

I recently bought a Gibraltar double pedal and am very happy with it. You can check them out here.............

http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/?fa=buynow&sid=75&cid=26&mid=1148

Back