gifts for a bass player

+1 it always gets on my nerves when people send me gift cards, when really i'd just rather get cash money...

This must be some kind of "I'm entitled to" statement. It's a GIFT. Our OP is not required to give out GIFTS. You take whatever gift you get (if someone should deem you so worthy) and say THANK YOU and live with it. The idea is that you're gracious and you're lucky someone thinks of you enough to give you something. Have we forgotten that? Sheeesh.

This must be some kind of "I'm entitled to" statement. It's a GIFT. Our OP is not required to give out GIFTS. You take whatever gift you get (if someone should deem you so worthy) and say THANK YOU and live with it. The idea is that you're gracious and you're lucky someone thinks of you enough to give you something. Have we forgotten that? Sheeesh.

No it's not an "i'm entitled to" statement, i'm just saying that i, like most people, would much prefer you just gave me money if you really can't think what you ought to get me.

No it's not an "i'm entitled to" statement, i'm just saying that i, like most people, would much prefer you just gave me money if you really can't think what you ought to get me.

Think about what I said again and then look at what you just said again. I'm inclined to go with not getting somebody anything if I don't know what to get them - a gift is supposed to be like this special thing, isn't it? That's why he's asking. A gift card to a store that has something along the lines of music stuff is like saying "I haven't figured it out specifically, but this place might have something you'd like musically." Giving cash is something I do to the guys who mow my lawn, or the guy who delivers the pizza.

Think about what I said again and then look at what you just said again. I'm inclined to go with not getting somebody anything if I don't know what to get them - a gift is supposed to be like this special thing, isn't it? That's why he's asking. A gift card to a store that has something along the lines of music stuff is like saying "I haven't figured it out specifically, but this place might have something you'd like musically." Giving cash is something I do to the guys who mow my lawn, or the guy who delivers the pizza.

yes you're right it's supposed to be something special- and people who know me well would know that I would like to have money as a gift ;-)

lol i get both points of view here... and i think if i have the time, i will get him a gift card, but if not, ill just hand him cash at the next practice we have.

Well you have the Dunlops...

http://accessories.musiciansfriend....364008&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26024361

And the Schallers....

http://accessories.musiciansfriend....360389&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=36694363

Personally I prefer the Dunlops as the Schallers can poke you in the ribs. He'd have to change out the strap buttons but as they mentioned that can be easily changed. Great investment for your instrument.

Either that or beer. Yes it's poison, tasty tasty poison, just be sure not to partake in it in the alley behind the bar. Larry will tell you all about that...

Back