Rush HOF acceptance speeches....

I literally had tears rolling down my face! Alex is such a natural comic. What a funny guy.

Wow. Good stuff. The hawkins/grohl intro speech (related video) was pretty great too.

to me Alex speech was a nicely placed middle finger

loved everything about it

Agree.

Even though he didn't use words, he fully explained the entire fight between Rush fans and the RnR HOF.

I'm still amazed he could keep it going without breaking "character" (so to speak) and that Neil and Geddy were able to keep a relatively straight face though Alex's speech.

I don't get it. I would have loved to hear something coherent. Three of the best musicians that ever musicianed though.

I don't get it. I would have loved to hear something coherent. Three of the best musicians that ever musicianed though.

This:

Even though he didn't use words, he fully explained the entire fight between Rush fans and the RnR HOF.

I'm still amazed he could keep it going without breaking "character" (so to speak) and that Neil and Geddy were able to keep a relatively straight face though Alex's speech.

Pretty funny!

As has been said before this Rock and Roll HOF is now anything but. When rap groups get in before Rock groups the Hall stinks and needs a good cleaning. A band of Rush's talent and following has gained nothing by being inducted into this Hall of Fumes.

I almost teared up watching Neil's speech... then almost teared up watching Alex's, but for completely different reasons.

The fans won big on Thursday night.

I was glad to see Neil step into the "limelight" after so many years of not talking to any press/media and leaving it to Alex/Geddy. I thought his speech was a little cheesy though, bordering on another lyric, if you will. I fully expected Alex to start speaking when he pulled that paper out of his pocket. Yes, definitely giving them the figurative middle finger ... deservedly so. Inducting a rap group into the R&R hall of fame ... I wanna vomit.

Back