Ludwig Snare drum

dandon

Hello all was just woundering if you would be able to help me out with a few questions that i have.

i am looking at buying a Ludwig snare drum, and now i have narrowed my options down to a New 14x5 Black Beauty, and also a vintage 1960's Ludwig 402 14x6.5 classic lug.

my first question is how much should i expect to pay for the vintage 402 snare which is in good condition in english pounds please thanks?

also i was wondering if there are any differences in the sound between a vintage 402 and a new one because i was told that the hardware is now made in china and gives it a different sound ?

and finally what would you buy out of the two the new blackbeauty or the vintage 402 ? thanks a lot would really appreciate a response

Dan

i am looking at buying a Ludwig snare drum, and now i have narrowed my options down to a New 14x5 Black Beauty, and also a vintage 1960's Ludwig 402 14x6.5 classic lug.

Dan

Hi Dan.

Can you pass on to me the name and number of the guy selling the 402?

Thanks.

No difference in sound from the newer and older Supras. Some of the older Black Beauties were made of bronze, so there will be a difference in sound there. As far as vintage prices, it all depends on where you buy it, or who you buy it from. If it's in good condition you're gonna pay a lot more. You'd probably get the best deal on ebay since your pound is killing our dollar right now.

No difference in sound from the newer and older Supras. Some of the older Black Beauties were made of bronze, so there will be a difference in sound there. As far as vintage prices, it all depends on where you buy it, or who you buy it from. If it's in good condition you're gonna pay a lot more. You'd probably get the best deal on ebay since your pound is killing our dollar right now.

haha ano dam pound thanks a lot mate appreciate your response :)

Back