Best of 2010.

Frost

Silver Member
Just wondering what everyone's favorite new album has been this year.

There have been a lot of really incredible albums come out so far and the year is almost at an end.

Best album to be released in 2010:

Alter Bridge - ABIII

Best album I discovered in 2010:

Multiplicity - Dave Weckl Band

New band called Carney. Album is called Mr. Green Vol. 1

Opeth - Live at the Royal Albert Hall

The only other album I have from 2010 is Warp Riders by the The Sword, just got it last week so I haven't thoroughly listened to it yet, good so far though.

Gogol Bordello is the band, album is Trans-Continental Hustle.

Couple standout tracks (they're all great): Immigraniada and When Universes Collide ... and My Companjera

Gypsy Gypsy Punk !!!

2 of my favorites that I can think of without checking release dates are Truth & Salvage Co.'s self-title debut and Duke Robillard's 'Passport to the Blues'.

So many good albums this year....

A quick top five

Pain of Salvation - Road Salt One
Anathema - We're here because we're here
Agalloch - Marrow of the spirit
Mar De Grises - Streams Inwards
Drudkh - Handful of Stars

Wow, just looked through my iTunes to see what I've added this year. Besides importing an old iTunes library and my own bands recordings / mixes, I've only added 1 new album this year.

Greg MacPherson - Mr. Invitation.

Warp Riders - The Sword (really good)
The Cold - Flotsam and Jetsam (really good)
Abrahadabra - Dimmu Borgir (Might be my 2nd favorite)
Poetry for the Poisoned - Kamelot (awesome)
And I can't forget Snakes for the Divine - High on Fire (favorite)

Warp Riders - The Sword (really good)
The Cold - Flotsam and Jetsam (really good)
Abrahadabra - Dimmu Borgir (Might be my 2nd favorite)
Poetry for the Poisoned - Kamelot (awesome)
And I can't forget Snakes for the Divine - High on Fire (favorite)

wow. they're still around? i haven't heard that name since high school (early 90's) :)

Tool AND Opeth are in the studio (or will be soon) so 2011 should be a good year!

Rush too I think... but as hard as I try I just can't get into anything after Power Windows.

Tool AND Opeth are in the studio (or will be soon) so 2011 should be a good year!

Rush too I think... but as hard as I try I just can't get into anything after Power Windows.

I know I heard too... I CAN'T WAIT

After Watershed, I'm really excited to hear what Opeth will crank out next.

Opeth are currently recording, I'm hoping they don't play it safe with this album. Watershed was a tad disappointing to me, while it had moments it was basically The Ghost Reveries 2. I'd like to see more of the innovation that made them great. They've never topped My Arms/Still Life in my opinion, those albums are the definitive Opeth albums, the later albums have their unique early mellow style stripped in favour of 70s prog/new prog (see pt) homages.

Axenrot is a definite step up from Lopez though, wouldn't you say?

Rhapsody of Fire's latest album is good. Enjoyed Sabaton's 'Coat of Arms' too, although it's basically the same as all their other albums.

Axenrot is a definite step up from Lopez though, wouldn't you say?

Rhapsody of Fire's latest album is good. Enjoyed Sabaton's 'Coat of Arms' too, although it's basically the same as all their other albums.

Not at all, Lopez was a very expressive, emotive drummer who brought in some really cool latin and jazz influences, there is a real cool shuffle feel with him drumming and he knows how to balance taste and chops.

I think his unique drum style really shows on Damnation, Axe couldn't play that, Axe is too traditionally metal.

Lopez never blasted, Axe is one of those drummers whose play style is completely ingrained with it, he is a death drummer.

Only album I bought that came out this year was Distant Relatives by Nas and Damien Marley. There's a few good songs on the album, although I was a little disappointed with it.

I'm excited for CAKE's new album coming out Jan.11

Back