Older Mapex Saturns no longer available

UpandIn

This may have been mentioned somewhere in the forum already but I didn't see it. I looked into ordering a Mapex Saturn 16X20 kick (transparent black) and was told that Mapex has discontinued all Saturns except for the new Saturn IV. How disappointing that you can't order components any longer. I would think they'd allow orders for at least a short period of time especially since there are those people that bought their Saturns new toward the end of 2012. I guess the only thing left is whatever stock they're trying to get rid of.

Anyone else heard anything different?

I'm pretty sure Mapex will still sell parts for sometime,but not entire drums.Drums are not considered parts.just single drums.Parts would be hardware,springs,mounts,brackets ect.

I think existing stock or the used market may be your only hope,or just order a new Saturn IV drum in the size/finish that you want.

Steve B

Hmm, well recently I've looked into getting a 16x16 made and they gave me a 4 month wait time. They didn't indicate that it was no longer available.

Drummersuperstore and drum centre of portsmouth are the two companies I've asked, maybe try them.

Interesting, Dre25. I'll have to check that out. I've done business with DCP before. Thanks for the info. Rupps Drums was the company that told me they were discontinued.

Thankfully I've already bought all of the sizes that I am ever likely to need.

Back