If you're experienced with youtube, please help me

drummer girl09

I keep having troubles uploading videos. For one, a video that I keep trying to uplaod, youtube says that the video is too long, which it has to be less then 10 min. long, but the video on imovies is only 5:24 min. I don't understand how it extends to that time. Any help? I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Length actually has little to do with.

File size is what is most important.

Some file types are larger than others.

I don't recall the specifics, but when I've made my own videos, I had to render them more than once to get the compression right (i.e file type) for them to upload properly.

I keep having troubles uploading videos. For one, a video that I keep trying to uplaod, youtube says that the video is too long, which it has to be less then 10 min. long, but the video on imovies is only 5:24 min. I don't understand how it extends to that time. Any help? I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Maybe its the format of your video. Try going to Downloads.com and find a software program converter from your video format to Youtube format.
Just do a search on youtube converter program

When you uploaded the vid from iMovie, did you click the, "send to You Tube" button from the share menu? That's how I do it. If the vid is exactly 10 mins or under it will go!
Are you running Snow Leopard with the latest version of iMovie?
I never had a problem doing it this way with iMovie even when I was running just plain leopard with the last version of iMovie. I edit, I save, I send to You Tube.
I'm experienced with Apple vs You Tube!

Last edited:
Back