Brian Downey

tambian89

Anyone else heard of him? One of the first rock drummers I heard along with Bonham and Bill Ward, this guy has some great chops and awesome grooves.

Re: Brian Downey of Thin Lizzy

Brian Downey is an Irishman. Thin Lizzy an Irish band. Probably one of the most under estimated bands ever to play rock music. These guys could set their hands to anything. Ballads, heavy rock, commercial rock, easy listening melodic overtones of traditional Irish splendidly crafted to a rock format, some of their music is even what could be described as love songs mainly written by Phil Lynott (R.I. P.) the lead singer of the band for his daughter. Downey a superb drummer, check Lizzy out for songs like, "The Rocker", "Chinatown", " Jailbreak", "Thunder and Lightening" amazing fills groves, they have a gigantic catalogue, any and all of which should be available to buy.

In addition, also songs like Boys Are Back In Town, Cold Sweat, Killer On The Loose, Black Rose, Renegade, Emerald, Are You Ready, they have that feel and strong vibe.

Brian Downey is an excellent drummer and musician as well. Philip Lynott remains the Thunder & Lightning...alive.

A bass player friend turned me on to the Thin Lizzy Fighting LP. I was hooked. Cool double leads..tastefull drumming and on vocals..the Prince of rock. They could do no wrong. By the way...Fighting (my way back) is my fave on the recording. They will always be so cool that they're almost frozen.

I love Brian Downey with Thin Lizzy! I must’ve played the “Live and Dangerous” album until the needle cut through it - it was one of my first albums to get on CD when it came out. Watching him in interviews he seems like a cool hero I wouldn’t mind meeting.

Back