Vinnie touring with Beck?

It would be great if Vinnie was with Beck and the young cutie bass player too...I think she is from Oz...first name is Tul.

Sorry, it is Tal. I saw her and Vinnie with Jeff on a concert on the tube.

Sorry, it is Tal. I saw her and Vinnie with Jeff on a concert on the tube.

I just became familiar with the young female bassist Tal Wilkenfeld for the first time last night when watching the 2009 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert on HBO. She played with Jeff Beck. Anyone else see this? It was a great show. I did some research on Wilkenfeld and she only played bass for four years before playing with Chick Corea! And from then on she played with Jeff Beck, The Allman Brothers, Herbie Hancock, etc. Wow. How on earth does someone excel at an instrument at that kind of lightning fast speed? She's only like 22 or 23.

She's been laying guitar for a while, and from what I read picked up her guitar at age 16 and move to LA. There she picked up the bass and WOW. She just "picked it up" I'm not sure if she studied with any one but she can play. And she looks like she is having fun.

I just saw the band when they were in town for Beck's induction into the rock and roll hall of fame. I saw Beck at The 25th Anniversary Concert as well. I went the first night and he played with Stevie Wonder. Vinnie was backstage but didn't play at all. The second night Beck's band played. I still.haven't seen that.

Back