w00t! - Got my new Stage Customs set up

Aahzz

OK, so these are definitely an EXTREMELY noticeable upgrade from the Pearl Centerstage kit I started with. Got them home and set up after work. I love the Raven Black lacquer that shows the woodgrain - has a nifty greenish tint in bright light, which works well for me since green's my favorite color :). As you'll see from the pics, I changed most of the heads - don't have a 10" head on hand since the old kit had no 10" tom, so that will be replaced by tomorrow evening. In the meantime, they were SUPER easy to tune, and they sound terrific. Next up will be an EMAD for the kick drum...in the meantime, here's the pics:

ysc1.jpg

ysc2.jpg

And - look! No moongels needed!!!!
ysc3.jpg

They look great.

Those really do have a greenish tint behind the transparent black. I like it. I saw a Raven Black kit in a store and didn't notice any green tint. Must be the lighting or something.

I'm guessing you got the 22" kick and 16" floor tom?

Nice kit for sure. Love the woodgrain showing through the stain. shall we call you The Wizard of Aahzz? Thanks for posting new stuff.

They look great.

Those really do have a greenish tint behind the transparent black. I like it. I saw a Raven Black kit in a store and didn't notice any green tint. Must be the lighting or something.

I'm guessing you got the 22" kick and 16" floor tom?

Yup, 22 and 16. I didn't notice the green in the store, but as soon as I got it out in sunlight I saw it.

Sweet! i feel your joy. I have a brand new set in the cranberry red ive had for about 6 weeks. I went for the 20 kick but I'm really happy with this kit! That raven black looks cool, I haven't had the chance to see that color in person.

Enjoy and Happy Drumming!

Sweet! i feel your joy. I have a brand new set in the cranberry red ive had for about 6 weeks. I went for the 20 kick but I'm really happy with this kit! That raven black looks cool, I haven't had the chance to see that color in person.

Enjoy and Happy Drumming!

Glad you're digging yours as well. I plan to spend a good amount of quality time with mine this weekend.

Just noticed we're in the same neighborhood - I'm in Northern KY myself - did you get yours at one of the local stores? Mine came from Florence GC...

Yes those are really nice. Hard to believe those beauties are so darn good and so affordable. Congrats.

Glad you're digging yours as well. I plan to spend a good amount of quality time with mine this weekend.

Just noticed we're in the same neighborhood - I'm in Northern KY myself - did you get yours at one of the local stores? Mine came from Florence GC...

Actually bought mine off an online store on ebay...out of Indy, I think. I actually work in Covington so we are neighbors! :)

I do like that color! Funny, because my kit is "black" stain over Keller maple shells and it turned green also - like a dark forest green. Over time it became more noticeable and 12 years down the road, it's pretty hard to see how they were ever black (perhaps they never were? :). I'm not saying yours will do this. In fact, I'd be surprised if they did given Yamaha's proven skill at consistent and stable color. But welcome to the black / greenish drum club, anyway.

Back