Regal Tip Quantum 9000

diosdude

Silver Member
Does any other manufacturer make a stick that is as long as these? I love the weight and the length of them but i'm not a big fan of the huge rounded tip. These would be my ideal stick with a little more taper and an almond shape tip.

I tried those quantum, and I don't dig round, or tiny tipped drumsticks.

My weapons of choice: Vic Firth Thomas lang or Danney Carey Signature.

Both are like 2B large, and have acorn tips.

I found that playing everything outside of the light jazz realm, the weight and tip shape extract the best/deepest/cleanest sound from my kit.

Does any other manufacturer make a stick that is as long as these? I love the weight and the length of them but i'm not a big fan of the huge rounded tip. These would be my ideal stick with a little more taper and an almond shape tip.
Those are marching stick size, so I guess you should look into some actual marching models.
Try 3S and Nightstick by Vater are almost as long. Pro-Mark, Vic Firth, Regal Tip have a few marching models that are 17", which is pretty close, with a big variety of tip shapes.

I just got 4 pairs of these from a local shop. They said they had them in the stick rack for years and I was the first person who showed interest in them.
So he offered the 4 pairs he had for $20 and of course I snatched them up.

Great practice pad sticks (I’d never play with these as the ball tips would reek havoc on my heads) along with the Thomas Lang sigs I currently use for it. I’ve been a RT fan since I was 9 and hate that I can’t find them anymore. So it’s always a gift when I come across some. 😉

Back