Chad Smith's Superbowl drum set

Being a huge RHCP fan, I hope it turns out great for chad... Wait what am I saying,
It's chad smith, I know it's going to be great.

I think they could have done the logos in a more creative way - e.g. with some lighting effects and/or opaque.
The drums themselves look cool though. Do the LEDs switch colour?

Ha ha ha! Best response yet!

If the 49ers make the Superbowl I am going. Hopefully I will be there to see this kit in person!

Well, good luck to your team...today's panther-forty-niner game could be the best game of the entire post season....this is going to be a great game! Cam is a real beast!

Given he's unlikely to be wearing anything other than a sock.......what could possibly go wrong?? :)

+1..It's Chad Smith,the modern day Keith Moon.I'm sure in front of millions of viewers,he'll be the very picture of decorum and taste.

It's the Peppers..........Flea brings unpredictable to the game also.

Anyway,The Pats took the Colts,downtown,yesterday....so they won't be making an appearence.Best redo those Louis Bellson 47 Gretsch tribute drums.

Yes ,thats right,Louis had a Gretsch double bass custom kit like that...in 47,bizzare DEEEEEP tom and all.:)

Steve B

Although I don't follow football, I must admit it's a pretty nice looking kit.
I do prefer Neil Peart's NHL kit though ;)

It'll be interesting to see if Chad actually uses the second bass drum. I've never seen any double bass from him before...

I saw him at Drum! Night where he traded kits with the young metal guy (don't remember his name) and tore up the double bass stuff. His command of other genres is pretty amazing. Probably the most interesting and entertaining drum solo I've seen in a long time.

I dont have an NFL team but I'm definitely rooting for the Broncos :D

I'm not seeing their logo though....

They'll turn it around for the show.

Did anybody notice the lack of heads or hoops on the mounted toms? Are they just for show or is this a preliminary tease?

The hardware on the shell suggests there will be heads on top and bottom.

That's because lots of people think Manning will choke in the big game,but he proved he can win, with a big one against San Diego yesterday.

Steve B

I agree...and his nemesis from the colt days is on tap next; the irony is good for us NFL fans....make no mistake, this is Manning vs Belichick next week when it comes to broncos offense...mind vs mind.

next weekend is the football weekend of the season...frankly the superbowl is anti-climactic after the conference championship if you ask me

And this drum set is not up to snuff...kinda lame...i would have thought it would be an american brand, made in america to begin with and the emblems are leaving something to be desired..

Let's see. Superbowl, New Jersey, winter, no dome, maybe snow or freezing rain. Nice Idea NFL. Flea will have a shirt on and I assume the rest will be wearing pants.

And this drum set is not up to snuff...kinda lame...i would have thought it would be an american brand, made in america to begin with and the emblems are leaving something to be desired..

He endorses Pearl, what else do you expect him to play?

How about you tell use how you would do the logos....

He endorses Pearl, what else do you expect him to play?

How about you tell use how you would do the logos....

Sure..I would have had them airbrushed on instead of using (what look to be) stickers. Faded into a white base coat; more contrast and also would have waited until the actual teams are final and had them up front. Anyone could go out and buy a clear acrylic kit and slap some stickers on like this. Honestly it does not appear to have the style, care and craftsmanship of something that is commensurate with a super bowl performance. Does it?

Or I woulda done a mangini kit with enough drums so each team could have it's own tub.

You asked :)

would have waited until the actual teams are final and had them up front. Honestly it does not appear to have the style, care and craftsmanship of something that is commensurate with a super bowl performance. Does it?

I am calling it right now, if you turned the center tom 180 degrees there will be an image of the Lombardi trophy. I agree on that.

I think the drum set has the commercial feel the NFL has. Look at some of their logos, ads, NFL sanctioned products, and publications from the teams. I think the set gives off the same vibe.

I am calling it right now, if you turned the center tom 180 degrees there will be an image of the Lombardi trophy. I agree on that.

I think the drum set has the commercial feel the NFL has. Look at some of their logos, ads, NFL sanctioned products, and publications from the teams. I think the set gives off the same vibe.

That is true..I guess it does have that sorta vibe. It was still disappointing when I saw it though. Oh well, not very important in the scheme of things eh? ie my thoughts on the super bowl drum kit, now is it :)

That thing looks really stupid.

Back