Show Off Your DW Kit

I hate to be a stickler, but I come here to ogle DW's, not PDP and Ludwig! Know your audience! lol

..........understand, that's why I corrected it in the next post........................bought that supra from drumminjc awhile back and thought I'd send him a pic. Didn't mean to derail the thread...................on that note.............

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Not a kit, but a new Collectors 8x14 cherry-shell snare drum. Clear Gloss Lacquer.
(I ordered a 7x14 -- they built the wrong size, so it's going back today)

Attachments

• IMG_1354.jpg
    IMG_1354.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 2,257
Last edited:
Not a kit, but a new Collectors 8x14 cherry-shell snare drum. Clear Gloss Lacquer.
(I ordered a 7x14 -- they built the wrong size, so it's going back today)

New? WTH happened to it? The throw off, lugs and even the hoops look horrible.

Looks like the chrome is all smudgy and needs cleaned is all. That cherry wood looks awesome. Ugh on waiting for the special order again. The wrong size? How hard is it to get the size right?!? Hopefully they put a rush on it.

That's what happens when you take a drum out of an air-conditioned environment into the humidity outside to take a quick photo of it... ;)

Looks like the chrome is all smudgy and needs cleaned is all. That cherry wood looks awesome. Ugh on waiting for the special order again. The wrong size? How hard is it to get the size right?!? Hopefully they put a rush on it.

It's fog from the humidity outside.
I had started out wanting an 8x14 steel Performance, but then changed to a 7x14 cherry. Many emails back & forth probably got confusing. I had a 3 month wait on this. I'm told the 7x14 will only be a few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure, that throw off looked worn like crazy. I agree though that shell is a beauty.

That's what happens when you take a drum out of an air-conditioned environment into the humidity outside to take a quick photo of it... ;)

Ah yeah that makes sense.... so what do you keep the temp at a nice cozy 33F lol? :D

Honestly I would just keep the 14x8 it looks incredible and I'm not sure how much a 1" difference would make but I respect it's your money and you want what you want.

Good luck on getting it squared away and update when you get her. :)

Honestly I would just keep the 14x8 it looks incredible and I'm not sure how much a 1" difference would make but I respect it's your money and you want what you want.

Actually, the 7x14 should come through with single double-ended turret lugs, which will reduce weight (and metal mass), and reveal more of the shell's beauty.
I usually use 6.5x14 and 7" is only 1/2" deeper, but an 8" at 1-1/2" deeper is a bit much for me.

I decided to sell of all of my DW cymbal stands and went custom. :) There was a discrepancy with the cymbal boom arms and I am now waiting on the correct ones to be delivered. Once they are, I can finish assembly. This is where I'm at so far. :)

Attachments

• photo 7.JPG
    photo 7.JPG
    249.7 KB · Views: 2,101
  • photo 6.JPG
    photo 6.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 2,127
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    269.8 KB · Views: 2,144
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 2,128
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    317.5 KB · Views: 2,155
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    306 KB · Views: 2,618
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    314.2 KB · Views: 2,341
I decided to sell of all of my DW cymbal stands and went custom. :) There was a discrepancy with the cymbal boom arms and I am now waiting on the correct ones to be delivered. Once they are, I can finish assembly. This is where I'm at so far. :)

That's a good clean look..................reduces the clutter from stands and lets you see that beautiful finish better

That's a good clean look..................reduces the clutter from stands and lets you see that beautiful finish better

Thanks! That's kind of what I was going for. I just had too many stands. The new rack will definitely simplify things a good bit.

I think the other part helping with the clean appearance is not having a bar over the bass drum. The fact that the rack leaves the front open really allows the rack to be more subtle.

drummininjc the kit is beatiful. The Gc around me has a blue twist kit at a good price (I don't have near enough of course lol) but they are stunning kits.

drummininjc the kit is beatiful. The Gc around me has a blue twist kit at a good price (I don't have near enough of course lol) but they are stunning kits.

Thanks so much! :D Outside of the exotic finishes, the Twisted Blue Oyster is probably my favorite finish ply.

This is my Chinese oak PDP 7 piece set. It is my third drum set, and i want you all to enjoy it as much as i do! :)
- www.half8n.com

* 14'' Snare
* 8'',10'' and 12'' mounted toms
* 14'' and a 16'' floor toms
* 22'' Base drum.
* 14'' Zildjian High Hats, including a High Hat lock and a DW 5000 release pedal.
* DW 9000 Double Base pedals
- Hardware
* 3 DW Straight Cymbal stands
* 2 DW Boom Cymbal stands
* 1 DW Dual Cymbal Multi-Stand.

7 cymbals
* 20'' Zildjian Ride Cymbal
* 18'' Paiste Rock Crash
* 17'' Paiste Thin Crash
* 16'' Sabian Thin Crash
* 14'' Paiste Medium Crash
* 12'' Meinl Splash and a 12'' Meinl China! :D
Watch and hear me play at www.youtube.com/Half8n

Attachments

• Half8n Mask.jpg
    Half8n Mask.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 2,059
  • Half8n Drumset 2.jpg
    Half8n Drumset 2.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 2,093
  • Half8n drumset.jpg
    Half8n drumset.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 2,134
  • Half8n drumset 3.jpg
    Half8n drumset 3.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 2,080
  • justin-aerodogs.jpg
    justin-aerodogs.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 2,052
  • justin-iot.jpg
    justin-iot.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 2,070
  • Haf8n sandbox.jpg
    Haf8n sandbox.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 2,112
An X7 in oak? Really? I'd be interested in some further info please.

This is my Chinese oak PDP 7 piece set. It is my third drum set, and i want you all to enjoy it as much as i do! :)
- www.half8n.com

* 14'' Snare
* 8'',10'' and 12'' mounted toms
* 14'' and a 16'' floor toms
* 22'' Base drum.
* 14'' Zildjian High Hats, including a High Hat lock and a DW 5000 release pedal.
* DW 9000 Double Base pedals
- Hardware
* 3 DW Straight Cymbal stands
* 2 DW Boom Cymbal stands
* 1 DW Dual Cymbal Multi-Stand.

7 cymbals
* 20'' Zildjian Ride Cymbal
* 18'' Paiste Rock Crash
* 17'' Paiste Thin Crash
* 16'' Sabian Thin Crash
* 14'' Paiste Medium Crash
* 12'' Meinl Splash and a 12'' Meinl China! :D