New heads coming... Right choice?

daredrummer

Gold Member
So I ordered some evans heads to try out, since I've really only used remo and Aquarian so far. I looked on thier website for sound qualities and such... The ones I got were...

Genera dry snare batter

I liked this one because it seems like it can be tuned high (so lots of bounce) without getting too high pitched. Also the single ply makes it more natural sounding, and hopefully, I won't need moongel because of the dry vents and built in underside ring.

For toms... EC2 clear heads

It was a toss up between these and the G2 coated heads. I chose these because I like my remo powerstroke 4's a lot, and they sound great tuned medium/high. Hopefully this will have a better performance than those, it seems like more advanced technology (SST)

EQ3 for bass drum

I like a mid range pitch and medium/short sustain, and that's exactly what this one has. Not expecting anything too special, but hopefully it will be better then my Reno powersonic heads, which were a big disappointment.

I'll post my reviews when I get them in a week or two.

I have played all of these heads on my current setup (except that the EC2s were the first generation) and depending on what genre of music you play, I think you'll be pretty happy. They do pretty well together.

I really like the Genera snare heads and the EC2s.
I think youll love em.
Sounds like we have similar gear tastes, the zildjian medium ride and these heads too. :O

Back