Tagging Drummers that aren't in Videos on Facebook

Please explain......for the 'computer speak' illiterate. Where I come from "tagging" is when idiots spray paint their names on the side of trains. :)

Ah, on facebook you can "tag" someone on your friend list as being in a video or photo. When this happens, a message appears on the (facebook) wall of all of his friends. So, since I'm facebook friends with Steve Gadd, I could technically "tag" him in a video of myself and all of his fans will have my video posted on their facebook walls.

Ah, on facebook you can "tag" someone on your friend list as being in a video or photo. When this happens, a message appears on the (facebook) wall of all of his friends. So, since I'm facebook friends with Steve Gadd, I could technically "tag" him in a video of myself and all of his fans will have my video posted on their facebook walls.

Ah.....kind of like junk mail hey.

Certainly not up to speed with Facebook protocol etc, but I am wary of sending or receiving unsolicited material. Without knowing too much about it, I'm pretty sure I'd find it annoying.

Facebook protocol? Now there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

It's like this on youtube too. Some drummers write "Vinnie Colaiuta/Dennis Chambers/Dave Weckl" on the video title. Then it's just some random dude playing, saying he's influenced by said drummers. Drives me mad.

Agreed. The "tagged" can always "untag" themselves right. Don't you get that option?

It's really a great networking resource.

So is a phone....

So is the pub. :)

Even better. Does anyone communicate face to face anymore?

I'm 36 and don't get the whole facebook thing either. It seems people today are way to obsessed with sharing personal information. It's like they all want to have their own little reality show.
For me, it' nobody's business who my friends are or what I did today unless I want them to know.

Anytime you have a forum, website, that is overrun by teens, and is not monitored efficiently, thank you Drummerworld, you can expect anything. Facebook and Youtube are both used just to get attention. If you want good videos of great drummers use the Drummerworld, Drummers section. No false tags here.

So is a phone....

Even better. Does anyone communicate face to face anymore?

I'm 36 and don't get the whole facebook thing either. It seems people today are way to obsessed with sharing personal information. It's like they all want to have their own little reality show.
For me, it' nobody's business who my friends are or what I did today unless I want them to know.

All these are good too. I just can't do them for an hour in the morning when I'm eating my breakfast and having my coffee. I've had much more contact and assistance from pro drummers and musicians on facebook than I ever have on a drum forum and I used to be very active on the forums.
All contact is good contact.

It's like this on youtube too. Some drummers write "Vinnie Colaiuta/Dennis Chambers/Dave Weckl" on the video title. Then it's just some random dude playing, saying he's influenced by said drummers. Drives me mad.

This.

Worse is the ones who do covers, but don't put that in the the title.

So you're sorting through cool vintage clips of a band, and then you click on the next link and it's some guy playing along to the record in his living room. Grrrr.......

Back