Your 'money-no-object dream PRODUCTION kit thread....

AJ3000

Silver Member
Title says it all really... Nothing 'custom' - moreover standard ranges you can find in the glossy brochures. Brand, model, colour and sizes please!!!!

For me it'd be a Tama Starclassic B/B in Black Clouds and Silver Linings, sized 8,10,12 rack toms, 14,16 floors, 2x22 kicks and an 18 kick, gong drum and 2 octobans. Snares would be Sonor Benny Greb for left hand side and a black beauty 14x6.5 as my main.

Title says it all really... Nothing 'custom' - moreover standard ranges you can find in the glossy brochures. Brand, model, colour and sizes please!!!!

For me it'd be a Tama Starclassic B/B in Black Clouds and Silver Linings, sized 8,10,12 rack toms, 14,16 floors, 2x22 kicks and an 18 kick, gong drum and 2 octobans. Snares would be Sonor Benny Greb for left hand side and a black beauty 14x6.5 as my main.

Same as you, but in that Red Volcanic Burst finish, and just the 3up 2down part, with one bass drum (and maybe an extra 20" so I can switch things up). With a full set of Paiste signatures.

A stave kit in ash with walnut gloss finnish and gold hardware. Which brand/builder is not too important. Sizes 8,10,12,13,14,15,16 and 18" toms, 18, 20, 2x22, and 24" bass drums (white logo front heads), to swich between depending on the situation, and a 10"x5" side snare and a true solid shell 14"x6" main snare. Just think about it...

A stave kit in ash with walnut gloss finnish and gold hardware. Which brand/builder is not too important. Sizes 8,10,12,13,14,15,16 and 18" toms, 18, 20, 2x22, and 24" bass drums (white logo front heads), to swich between depending on the situation, and a 10"x5" side snare and a true solid shell 14"x6" main snare. Just think about it...

I dont think that is a PRODUCTION kit. For me it has to be my Gretsch Renown set.

Today? ha ha.

Yamaha Oak bass drums - 18" and 20"

Yamaha Maple Absolute mounted toms - 10" and 12"

Yamaha Birch Absolute floor tom 14"

Color - be nice if they matched - ha ha. If not, I'll have 'em custom lacquered up, because money is no object.

Snare - don't know. I'll use what I have now till I find something better. I'm not that fussy.

Tomorrow? Not sure.

Don't know if that meets your 'nothing custom' criteria. It's nothing custom, but it would have to be special ordered.
EDIT: scratched the 16" floor tom off the list - got one now and don't use it, ha ha.

Last edited:
Brand: Ludwig
Model: Classic Maples.
Sizes: 20" and 24" bass drums. 12" and 13" mounted toms. 14", 16" and 18" floors.
Colour: This one has bothered me for years. I keep chopping and changing between red sparkle, silver sparkle and WMP. If I ever get round to making up my mind, I may just order the drums.

There's no gig I couldn't play with that lot on board.

I try to avoid the speculation of what I'd do if I have stupid amounts of money, it just makes me want stuff more.

I try to avoid the speculation of what I'd do if I have stupid amounts of money, it just makes me want stuff more.

I don't know - it doesn't make me want it. Watch:

If money were no object, I'd get every top of the line drum from every manufacturer's offerings - 5 or 10 of each.

See - said it, but don't want it - ha ha.

(Appreciate what you have - that's more important than wish lists.)

Gretsch USA Custom - Dark Walnut Gloss Lacquer - 8-10-12-14-16-22

Oh, yeah!

I'm actually not into dreaming. I'm a best I can actually afford kinda guy- i have too many other priorities in my life to be a dreamer. That's why i have my Mapex Saturn, the best bang for buck equation I could come up with.

And I'm never disapointed by that choice!

Back