The White Stripes are... No More

RollingStone000

Silver Member
Well it's been officially announced the White Stripes are no longer continuing the band. http://www.whitestripes.com/

Damn shame too. I wasn't a huge fan, but I did like a lot of their stuff.

I remember seeing the video for "Dead Leaves on the Dirty Ground" In England when I was visiting family. I wasn't sure what to think of it at the time, but I knew I wanted to see it again immediately after it ended.

Ahh well, c'est la vie.

I guess that Meg can always get a job as a Hooters waitress!
At least she has something that she can fall back on!
I'm just kidding, I always liked Meg.
I know that she gets a bad rap amongst us drummers.
What Meg did was truly different and I always had a funny kind of soft spot for her in my heart.
Meg is a unique drummer, A curiosity, if you will.
I sincerely wish her the best.

In tribute to this sad occasion, I repost this demotivator:

Attachments

• demot10.png
    demot10.png
    211 KB · Views: 1,439
meg-white.jpg

mmmmm, nice. ;)
meg_white-resurfaces.jpg

Never was a big WS fan, but they have some interesting stuff, and I can certainly respect the style, whatever it is.

I wonder how much of that anxiety comes from Jack wanting to keep her skills minimal and insisting that she not practice despite the avalanche of criticism dumped on her drumming. Kind of makes me think he's an evil tyrant.

I would be tickled to see her come back with something impressive after some long-overdue shedding.

I wonder how much of that anxiety comes from Jack wanting to keep her skills minimal and insisting that she not practice despite the avalanche of criticism dumped on her drumming. Kind of makes me think he's an evil tyrant.

I would be tickled to see her come back with something impressive after some long-overdue shedding.
One is only left to speculate!

I wonder how much of that anxiety comes from Jack wanting to keep her skills minimal and insisting that she not practice despite the avalanche of criticism dumped on her drumming.

Was the anxiety really Jack related.......or due to the fact that that it coincided with a highly speculative and controversial home video released on many sites of 'ill repute'? :)

Interesting...wasn't aware of this. I'd give her mad respect, if this were to happen. However, if she shows up in another band somewhere in the spotlight, playing sloppy, mediocre 2 & 4 grooves, I'll continue to criticize.

Sad to hear, but not unexpected. The silver lining is Jack White will continue to make music for a long time. Music pretty much pours out of that guy. And I don't care what anybody else says, I think Meg White rocks.

LUV YOU MEG!!!

Last edited:
Was the anxiety really Jack related.......or due to the fact that that it coincided with a highly speculative and controversial home video released on many sites of 'ill repute'? :)
As Bob pointed out, we can only speculate. I'm not aware of the video that you mention. What's in it?

I only know that if I were getting up on stage knowing that everyone was there to see the awesomeness that is Jack, and mostly just tolerating my drumming because I came as a package deal with Jack, I'd be a total wreck.

Back