Evans UNO

drumkat

Hi guys...I was wondering if anyone has had EXPERIENCE using Evans UNO heads.

I emphasize experience as the only other thread on evans UNO just talked about them in general.

I would like opinions on sound, durability and tuning.

I am considering getting a UNO head pack for my DXP kit I just bought for my son...the factory heads are total g-a-r-b-a-g-e.

Many thanks for anyones advice.........

Aren't they discontinued?

Really?....oh, I saw a pack in the corner of a small music store. They were a bit dusty

Those are the heads with the pin hole vents? I haven't seen them in ages, but I remember them being really good for jazz and great for smaller, higher-tuned drums.

Sorry, no hands-on experience.

I used to use them as my snare batters. The closest current Evans head would be the G1 coated. They are good heads, but they were discontinued many years ago. Peace and goodwill.

Well, I feel like a bit of a goose! Here I am looking for something that was discontinued years ago!

We used to offer the UNO 58 as one of the original CadCam Evans heads (it was discontinued a while back). The UNO heads being made today are not made in the USA and are of a different design than standard American-made Evans heads. These UNO heads involve a crimp-style manufacturing process.

Back