H&B Enduro Pro- thoughts?

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
I'm looking for a rock solid case to protect my new investment that has foam lining that doesn't tear from constant use.
I saw this video and was wondering about these E-pro models. Anybody own/use the snare drum case?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6b931Us1p0

I have the 5X14 for my new Black Beauty and love it! It is built like a tank and will stand the test of time. It is by far the best line of cases out on the market today IMO!

Good to hear, thanks. I may either get one of these or go with a soft bag inside of a ATA style box like an Anvil or a Tuffbox wooden case.
I guess it just depends on how fanatical I get with my new drum.

I bought a set of Enduro cases back in 1993 (or was it 94?).

I've had them ever since. They've held up great. Although being an older version, mine don't have some the features these new ones have. I'm a bit jealous of the improvements they've made to them.

The Pro's are great. The 2 drawbacks with them are 1) They only come in black. I like colored cases as they are easier to spot and harder to walk off with. 2) They are more limited in sizes. For example, no 24" kick drum case.

Jeremy, check your PMs...

I have never used one of these, but they do look sturdy. I also like the spring loaded handles. I do have a full line of SKB Roto-X and I love them.

Looks like a great case.

I'll say this.

Originally I had the Vulcanized Fiber cases with the nice foam lining....
Flash thunderstorm downpours at outdoor festivals and foam lined cases DO NOT mix...oh well, I got a few years out of them...(I know this E-Pro has different foam)

I have had the regular (NO FOAM) Enduro cases for over 15 years, and I feel no loss from not having foam in them at all. Great straps and clasps. No worries.

The sides of the drum don't get touched by anything anyway, the rims or lugs aren't going to get scratched inside....my drums don't reallymove in the cases.
The 12 inside the 13" case does move a little, but, it's been nothing that's made me worry about it at all, or made me want to spend extra money for more cases.

I just put a block of foam I had laying around on top of the drum. My 15 goes in a 16" case and its been fine for years also.

I DID notice though that without the foam, the drums are a lot easier to get in and out of the case (not just the smaller drum in a size up case).

I put 2 Black Beauties (heavy foam carpet pad between them) in a 14x14 case (non foam lined).
It's a GREAT space saver, and really convenient for bringing a back up snare.

If you're starting with new cases and can get a decent price though, go for it.
This Enduro Pro case would be all you'd need to protect your snare. No need for a bag and a flight case IMO.

The Enduro line is fantastic, foam lined or not.
They stack up great too.

I like Black cases because you can't see them in the vehicle. I put my own special mark/ID on my cases so no one can walk away and say the case is theirs.

Looks like a great case.

I'll say this.

Originally I had the Vulcanized Fiber cases with the nice foam lining....
Flash thunderstorm downpours at outdoor festivals and foam lined cases DO NOT mix...oh well, I got a few years out of them...(I know this E-Pro has different foam)

I have had the regular (NO FOAM) Enduro cases for over 15 years, and I feel no loss from not having foam in them at all. Great straps and clasps. No worries.

The sides of the drum don't get touched by anything anyway, the rims or lugs aren't going to get scratched inside....my drums don't reallymove in the cases.
The 12 inside the 13" case does move a little, but, it's been nothing that's made me worry about it at all, or made me want to spend extra money for more cases.

I just put a block of foam I had laying around on top of the drum. My 15 goes in a 16" case and its been fine for years also.

I DID notice though that without the foam, the drums are a lot easier to get in and out of the case (not just the smaller drum in a size up case).

I put 2 Black Beauties (heavy foam carpet pad between them) in a 14x14 case (non foam lined).
It's a GREAT space saver, and really convenient for bringing a back up snare.

If you're starting with new cases and can get a decent price though, go for it.
This Enduro Pro case would be all you'd need to protect your snare. No need for a bag and a flight case IMO.

The Enduro line is fantastic, foam lined or not.
They stack up great too.

I like Black cases because you can't see them in the vehicle. I put my own special mark/ID on my cases so no one can walk away and say the case is theirs.

I agree. I use Hardcases, which only have a little bit of foam facing the heads. The plastic of these cases cannot scratch hardware or wood, so I think the foam is really unncessary.

You can get theses new cases w/ or w/o the foam which is actually called pro lining. The lining is real thin and barley noticeable in the case.

I have 3 kits all with different H&B cases. My old monster double bass Pearl Exports travel in Enduro hard cases w/o foam. My Sonor 3007's travel in Tuxedo bags, and my Gretsch travels in Drumseekers. The Drumseekers are some of the best cases I have ever used, especially if you do your own load in/outs. I do keep all my snares in hard shell cases though. I want to keep extra care for them no matter who is loading them in/out.

Back