Yamaha Flying Dragon Direct Drive... I'm a believer!

And here I was thinking about trading mine in for some DW 9000s. I've had the flying dragons a little more than a month and I just can't seem to get them dialed in. They just seem to play too light. I think I'm going to hold onto them since I want to make them work, I can just play so much smoother on my 5000s. :|

I picked up a used dd dragon recently. the bearings at the heel plate have a ton of play, the footbaord moves from side to side quite a bit. What is the solution for this?

I picked up a used dd dragon recently. the bearings at the heel plate have a ton of play, the footbaord moves from side to side quite a bit. What is the solution for this?

Get a different pedal.

Everyone crows about how good their BD pedal is when its brand new.

How a pedal wears through time determines its level of quality IMO

Get a different pedal.

Everyone crows about how good their BD pedal is when its brand new.

How a pedal wears through time determines its level of quality IMO

Thought it might be a good time to bring this thread back around.

I still use my DD Flying Dragon religiously and still love it as much as the day my wife bought it for me years ago.

I was just checking around to see if there were any threads on them and ran into this thread. Did an A/B with a brand new DW 5000 and wouldnt go back, No major problems with the pedal at all though it did start developing a Speed King squeak on me at one point. I let it go for a while and eventually greased it up.

Anybody else still using one of these?

Back