Mapex @ NAMM 2014

We will be unveiling a few things at the NAMM show and will be posting pics from set-up and during the show for those of you who cant make it.

1511322_10152460291751729_2009064674_n.jpg

I am a Mapex Saturn kit owner and lover but this thread had bored me to near death!
I am going to go and play my 65 Slingerland Jazz kit now.
Oh yea, thanks for stopping by Kevin.

Still bored; My early 50's Round Badge is calling me, Got to go :)

Man I feel like dw is turning into a forum of grumpy old guys,whats everyone ragging on mapex for. Ya they rreleased the sonic clear mounts, maybe their releasing more products
under the same title.

Man I feel like dw is turning into a forum of grumpy old guys,whats everyone ragging on mapex for. Ya they rreleased the sonic clear mounts, maybe their releasing more products
under the same title.
Not grumpy at all :) Just responding to the specific info Kevin pointed out in the industry news video. I thought my reply was pretty "toungue in cheek" actually ;) Certainly not ragging on Mapex.

What looks like a turd... but you can polish it, and it sounds good?

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 982
I was simply having some fun with the new guy :)
Im not grumpy.
Good one Les :)

Soniclear sounds like a good name for a hearing aid :)

Well, you're just being a dick, Les.

under the same title.

Two new mid range lines.

But I can't tell you about them - ha ha.

Yawn, I just woke up; Did I miss something?
Im going to go play my 68 Luds now. They have round over bearing edges too :)

Why all the douche-baginess?

And Andy, your posts reads, "Wow, you guys finally got a clue. We've known about it for years".

Seriously, how about taking it down a notch? It's embarrassing.

And Andy, your posts reads, "Wow, you guys finally got a clue. We've known about it for years".
The "we've known about it for years" bit is correct, but the "you guys finally got a clue" bit isn't, or certainly not my intention.

I applaud Mapex for coming away from the standard major company edges. A truncated half roundover with either a big radius or a small flat at the peak, certainly makes tuning easier, but the flat top form has implications at higher dynamic playing. I guess the devil's in the detail, & to what drums they apply it.

My "tongue in cheek" post to which you refer was exactly that, just a bit of fun as a mild retort against a marketing fronted post heralding something as special, when it's been around for a good while in the build community. Guess Mapex are just the first to formally trademark it & put a marketing push behind it. Good on them.

As my earlier post caused offence, it's removed. I apologise if I embarrassed myself by poking a bit of fun.

Why all the douche-baginess?
I thought that we were being nice to kevin. We didn't even beat him up and take his lunch money?
I am actually going to set up and play my Saturns today.
I was thinking last night that I haven't played them in a few months.
This thread has inspired me.

Last edited:
Back