Tom Mount for Yamaha 80's Rock Tour Customs (YESS?)

Ungovernable

Have an opportunity to pick up an 80's Rock Tour Custom, but it is missing mounting hardware for the toms. Does anyone know if I can just use modern Yamaha mounts (have they changed?) I don't want to pick these up and then get stuck searching for vintage hardware. Here is a picture of the base.

3n23o33l25Z05U15X0b3ld51e2e6153fc1125.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Have an opportunity to pick up an 80's Rock Tour Custom, but it is missing mounting hardware for the toms. Does anyone know if I can just use modern Yamaha mounts (have they changed?) !

Those are actually just Tour Customs.. which is a GOOD thing as they had a better shell than the RTC IMO. You have a photo of one of the toms ?? Is there a tom arm bracket attached ??

I have a old set of Tour Customs the hardware was one of the selling points along with the sound of course. you might as well get R.I.M.S. mounts if that's what your going after.

the drums sound great with the orig. hardware & they'll be all original which is a good selling point if you ever want too sell them plus the hardware is Rock Solid.

Bonzolead

This is the only shot of the toms I have to work with:

3ne3ka3l05Q25Z45P2b3l9d9a36c5f708128b.jpg

Someone told me that this the correct mount for the kit, but is the original something different? I'm not sure what you meant exactly.

!CF3iSUQ!mk~$(KGrHqQOKosE0fo9,BR(BNWbezh)bQ~~_3.JPG

That is one great thing about Yamaha: their system hardware is very compatible year to year (or decade to decade). The current mounts will work with those drums. The only difference is, you can buy the mounts with YESS tom arms or pre-YESS. Luckily for you, you can use either. The pre-YESS arems are longer, because the arms penetrate through the shell to inside of the drum. In the case of YESS, there is no hole in the drum, so the long tom arms don't do well. The pic you posted show longer arms, pre-YESS.

Here's the best price on a new mount w/ short arms:

http://www.music123.com/Drums-Percu...r-Tom-Drum-Stands.site7sku483447000000000.sku

Here's with the longer arms:

http://www.music123.com/Drums-Percu...or-Tom-Drum-Stand.site7sku483446000000000.sku

If I were you, I'd buy the 2nd one w/ longer arms, since you have pre-YESS mounts. That way, you have more flexibility w/ spacing.

Bruce

Oh, and by the way, those drums sound great. I recently got a set of those in Mellow Yellow. What's the price; I'll let you know if its fair...

600 obo. Was thinking of offering 500 due to the hw expense.

Offer the $500. These are fair prices, and a good value even at $600. You'd be getting a nice kit. Just look them over as best you can. If the heads are clear, check out the edges and interiors for any dinks or cracks, etc. Good luck; keep us posted and pics are required when you get them :)

Offer the $500. These are fair prices, and a good value even at $600. You'd be getting a nice kit. Just look them over as best you can. If the heads are clear, check out the edges and interiors for any dinks or cracks, etc. Good luck; keep us posted and pics are required when you get them :)

Thanks for all the info you've been incredibly helpful. I first drew interest in the kit when I heard it on a record and asked the drummer what kit it was. The more I read and inquired about it, the more good things I heard people saying about it. Matter of fact, I haven't read one negative thing aside from 12x13 turbo toms being really big over a 24" kick drum. This kit doesn't present that problem though.

At first they seemed very hard to come by, but after a couple of weeks I've seen numerous opportunities. I did contact the guy from the other thread looking to price his, but he hasn't gotten back to me. I think he might be looking for more than I'm willing to pay for them though. This seems to be about the avg price for them, give or take w cymbals and hardware and all.

and I'll definitely be showing these off when I get my grubby meathooks on them

Happy to help. Hope you get them.

Just an update; I offered the $500 and it was accepted. The only catch was I had to drive three hours to pick them up but worth every minute! They're in great shape, I put an order in for the pre-yess mount and also 2 additional clamps and tom holders.

Also picked up a used 5.5x14 Supraphonic which sounds lovely compared to my ratty old pearl steel snare.

I tried a couple of vintage Speed King pedals out in the drum shop and fell in love with everything but the squeaking...So I ordered one of these mega-refurbs from drummechanix on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180642273457&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Can't wait to get these babies set up!

Congrats. Can't go wrong with old Tours and a Supra. Looking forward to pics...

Back