Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 for drums?

Roland Street

I'm a YouTube cover musician and as my channel grows I need to find an upgrade from my 2 track Behringer Xenyx. I'm a do it or don't guy, so I'm willing to spend some money. I've heard the Scarlett 18i20 are great for drums, and you can add the Focusrite Octopre to get 16 inputs. I use a standard size drum kit, and on occasion a huge double bass kit with 7 toms, but I think I could mic it all if I had the Interface and the Octopre. Anyone think this is a good set-up and if not any recommendations?

I'm a YouTube cover musician and as my channel grows I need to find an upgrade from my 2 track Behringer Xenyx. I'm a do it or don't guy, so I'm willing to spend some money. I've heard the Scarlett 18i20 are great for drums, and you can add the Focusrite Octopre to get 16 inputs. I use a standard size drum kit, and on occasion a huge double bass kit with 7 toms, but I think I could mic it all if I had the Interface and the Octopre. Anyone think this is a good set-up and if not any recommendations?
That's a great solution and it will do what you want.

I've received moved to a Behringer X18 which I feel has more features, easier to use GUI, and is more flexible, at the cost of it sounding not quite as rich.

As long as it has all you need you'd we hard pressed to find something that sounds better for the price.

Back