My Kit was Part of an Internet Scam - Should I be honored?

csnow

I just got notified over on vintage drum forum that my drum kit was part of a scam over on drumforum.org. Last night, I posted pics of my "new to me" vintage Ludwig kit on several of my favorite drumming forums. Some dirt bag took my photos and posted them with him as the owner. I hate scumbags like this, but I do feel honored that my kit was the "feature" of the scam. Here is the link if you want to read it.....lol

Not sure if you may have to be a member to use the link below. However, its in the general forum section if you cant use that URL below.

http://www.drumforum.org/index.php?/topic/66010-hello-everyone-please-advise/

Looks like it was handled quickly.

You can always get in the photos yourself, that way they're forever linked to you.

Bermuda

Sweet kit!!
That's pretty wild. Some people have no lives....

Its not just that Karl.This is a bad guy.The same kind of bottom feeding mutt,that empties out your checking account,or hacks your credit card.A thief is a thief.

This guy was smart.He posted on a drum forum,where he knew guys would drool over this kit,he played dumb,and he got a bite in very short order.Our own love for the instrument and the art of the great deal,sometimes trumps our ability to smell a rat.No insult intended to anyone here,or DFO.,but at times we're our own worst enemies.

I guess my attitude just comes after over 20 years as a cop,but I trust very few in the world.The old addage of what seems to be too good to be true,usually is......is proven out over and over.

Sorry people,I just hate seeing decent people,get ripped off by common thiefs,truly one of the lowest forms of life.Watch your bumm.

Steve B

Last edited:
I agree. If I catch a thief in the act on my property, it is over for them. I will shoot them and if necessary drag them back into the property before the authorities arrive. I had my wallet stolen out of my car and a mountain bike stolen out of my garage because I left the garage door open. I had just finished a repair on ny sons car and we took it to verify the fix. Yeah, I know its my fault but at the same time, we should be able to leave a door open during the middle of the day without having to worry about dirtbags taking something that isn't theirs. At times, I wish we had laws like other countries. Get caught stealing something, lose your hand. People would think twice if taking something from someone else was worth loosing a limb over. The Internet just lets these scumbags get away with it from the comfort of their house and keyboard. At least in the old days, the typical crook had to at least get up and do something.

This is a good read on how a guy got even with an Internet scammer. I thought it was classic

http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

First...that was great.I love it.But you also notice, how the scammer was out for revenge.

These scammers are a lot smarter and sophisticated than most believe.Internet scams is what they do,it their JOB,and they also have friends to help them accomplish their goals.After all,there are plenty of marks to go around....millions.They network just like we do.Its only makes them stronger.

Like the tour sergeant of one of my favorite cop shows used to say "lets be careful out there"......:)

Steve B

Back