https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.stefanpledl.drummersmetronome

SlideMe:
http://slideme.org/click/2452920/20

BlackBerry:
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/26324902/

My Homepage:
www.drummersmetronome.com

Old post:

Hi all, well this is my first post. I coded a little Metronome App for Blackberry and Android.
It is called Holo Metronome.
I am currently looking for some feedback from guys who really use the app.
If one of you already found it and thinks I should change something, please let me know here or via email.
Thanks in advance for any feedback!

P.S:
I am not sure if this is defined as advertising, I really only want/need some feedback, therefore I wont post a link untill I am told to do so.

Edit:

My new Metronome App: Drummer's Metronome: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.stefanpledl.drummersmetronome

Last edited:
Hey there, I downloaded your new metronome app and I had quick play around with it, loos pretty good, I've had a few other metronome apps on my S3 and I didn't really like the layout or limited usability of them, plus the only metronome app I know of where you can exclude clicks is polynome which isn't available on android.

I like the layout of this one, its easy to use, however I did get a bit lost on which way to swipe to get to certain things, maybe have a little bar at the bottom which tells you the page your one and which pages are either side.

The mixer and samples are all pretty good, I decided to use the high rim for the accent and the mid rim for everything else, I like they it wasn't all forced into a pack and you can change each sub-division's sample.

The bmp change is also quite easy with +/-10 and +/-1 being a fine tune option as well as the very low and high bpm limits of 10-280. The Optonome section was quite good, easy to see the change in colour, easy to change which clicks were dropped and overall good.

I do wish it had more time signatures than just 3/4 and 4/4 but that's what I have a rhythm watch for I guess. I think Ill be making this my metronome of choice for mobile, overall I think its a good app.

Edit: I think I have an bug report, I switched on the vibration on my version of the app and the vibrations happened before the metronome, more specifically if fell on the "+'s" if that makes sense.

Last edited:
I tried to use this when you posted it on r/drums but the scrolling was all wack- I suppose it's fixed. Anyways I like this app, it's much easier to switch settings than Mobile Metronome which was what I used before. A few things-

-When I swipe between pages, if my swipe gesture begins on an adjusting bar, that bar will jump to my finger as I swipe away, meaning I have to make 2 gestures to fix it. Currently the only way to avert this is to swipe on the few pixels in the top bar but that's awkward, it would be wonderful if you could implement something that doesn't let you adjust settings when a swipe procedure begins.

-There needs to be an easy way to set all beats to the same sound and sound profile. It's not fun guessing what the attack or decay is set to on all of your beats.

-What is that 5th beat in the edit screen even for...?

-Like xsarith said, you should the names of the screens to the left and right of your current one visible in the bar like the Scrollable Tabs option on that page.

-Less jarring but the CAB for saving metronomes is kind of clunky. Maybe you could have an action bar with the app name, a save button, and two buttons to jump to the list view and settings? EDIT: Ah, I see that you did do something like this but whenever I try to edit settings it goes to the CAB. Maybe just disable that...?

Still a better app than most, and I look forward to future incarnations.

More time signatures are planned, guess I should add that to the description (done).

Navigation: You can hit the < next to the icon in the upper left corner to see the menu
But it is actually really easy:

Metronome List - Metronome - Optonome - Edit - Settings

(the titles are displayed at the top of the screen)

Setting all beats to the same sample(+settings) is a very good idea, should be easy to implement.

-What is that 5th beat in the edit screen even for...?
Sorry I dont get what you mean.

-Less jarring but the CAB for saving metronomes is kind of clunky. Maybe you could have an action bar with the app name, a save button, and two buttons to jump to the list view and settings? EDIT: Ah, I see that you did do something like this but whenever I try to edit settings it goes to the CAB. Maybe just disable that...?
The problem is that I want to indicate that the edited things aren't saved. This was the best solution I could think of. (You can just hit the back button to close the ActionMode)

Edit: I think I have an bug report, I switched on the vibration on my version of the app and the vibrations happened before the metronome, more specifically if fell on the "+'s" if that makes sense.
Most important is that the vibrations are in time. Unfortunatly on some devices the vibration is a bit delayed. Usually one uses either sound/visual or vibration, so this shouldn't be a problem I think. Maybe I can tweak it a little bit more.

Seems that overall you 2 like it, so please rate the app ;-)

Edit: Forgot to mention the swiping: Swipe at the bottom to avoid the accidental change of the sliders, unfortunatly there is no other way of doing this right now, but I am working on it.

Last edited:
Ah, okay. I certainly see your decision on the CAB thing, I think it makes more sense now.

By the 5th beat, I mean on the "edit" screen, there are five slots for samples (with the E D I T ! boxes underneath)- what is the fifth one with the ! under it for?

Screenshot_2013-03-24-07-20-44.jpg

To edit the Acc hit the "E"
1/4: "D"
1/8: "I"
Triols"T"
1/16: "!"

Most important is that the vibrations are in time. Unfortunatly on some devices the vibration is a bit delayed. Usually one uses either sound/visual or vibration, so this shouldn't be a problem I think. Maybe I can tweak it a little bit more.

Seems that overall you 2 like it, so please rate the app ;-)

I rated it :)

Good to know you're going to tweak it a little more, I should point out the the vibrations where ahead, not delayed.

Also one more thing that's troubling me is the accent, unless I use the same sample the accent gets buried and isn't distinguished, at my guess this is because the quarter note sample also plays under the accent which causes frequencies t fight each other since they are fairly close. I like my accent to be a higher pitch so I used the high rim for it (mid rim for the rest) but I've also had to lower the volume of all the other samples so that the accent comes through, I'd rather have them the same volume.

Still though, great app.

at my guess this is because the quarter note sample also plays under the accent which causes frequencies t fight each
I will tweak this a little and give the Acc a higher volume percentate.
Currently I am checking my developer console pretty frequently to see if someone got a force close, this would be my #1 priority for this week's update.
None so far.

Edit: just (re-)added the tabs navigation, like abapicaltaenia (and a couple of others) mentioned, should be up in ~1 hour.

Last edited:
Just found this app last night and now I find this thread how cool. I do have a bug though, my 1/8s come as 1/4s and my 1/16s as 1/8s and the triplets are broken, if that gets fixed and more time sigs are added there really isn't much else to say, great app.

my 1/8s come as 1/4s and my 1/16s as 1/8s and the triplets are broken

Maybe this helps:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...pI/AAAAAAAAAeI/9h-xhK7xK5I/s926/Unbenannt.jpg

Von Beginn = From Start

Please set all volumes to 0%
Set 1/4 to 100%
listen
Set 1/8 to 100%
listen
Set 1/16 to 100%
listen

all back to 0%
Set 1/4 to 100%
listen
Set Triols to 100%
listen

If you still think it doen't work, please let me know !

More time signatures are on their way. I hope I will have them ready next week.

Last edited:
AndyMC: I take the 5 star rating as: "Ah ok, everything works" :)
Thanks for the rating!

To those who downloaded the app:
I can see 2 force closes but I cannot reproduce these.
I can only tell that they happened when the volumes were changed.
If that happened to YOU please contact me:
[email protected]

New beta build without the phone permission and updated libraries:
http://www.drummersmetronome.com/beta.html

I am currently collecting ideas for a practising section. What I have so far:
- Random measure drop-out
- bpm-profiles (e.g. 10 beats at 90bpm then rising over 5 beats to 120 and so on)
- something where you tap the left side of the screen with triplets and the right side with 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 and showing some kind of score

Your ideas?

I downloaded your app and am using it to tap out the tempo to different songs I have to learn for this sub gig I have next Friday. The tap feature seems to work alright but when I press start to test the BPM against the song, there is a delay. Is there any way you can make it so when the button is pressed, it counts the press as a beats and goes forth accordingly from there? I don't know if this makes sense or not. With most apps, the button press doesn't officially occur until you take you finger off the button. Actually that's probably happening with the "tap" button as well. Is it possible to adjust so that the press is what triggers the button rather than the button being triggered when your finger is lifted off the button?

Yes that is possible.
I guess the current mechanism is in place to be able to swipe away from a button to cancel the action.
It is definatly a good idea to change that for the start and the tap buttons.

@Fuzrock:
I have a version here for you which triggers tap and start on "touch down".
The problem is that I cannot implement this as is, because when you start swiping to switch pages at the bottom, the buttons trigger.
Anyway, you can check it out here (In this version the swiping is improved, you can swipe close to the volume sliders):

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2a6Pe8ng4YrVHFIQXM0a25MclE/edit?usp=sharing

I am not sure how I should implement this, maybe as a dialog, something like 'fine tap/start', which opens up when you long click a tap button.

Edit: Added it to the latest beta:
http://www.drummersmetronome.com/beta.html

Last edited:
Beta 1.4.3 is on the way
o Promo Codes in the Changelog
o Overall Snapiness improved
o Timer added
o Continuous measure count added
o No more loading popups and UI blocking (progress is shown in the ActionBar)
o Faster startup
o List rename and "Save As" added
o and a couple more changes + bugfixes
o (Database backup to Google Drive deactivated for now)

If the app force closes, please hit send report.
If you find a bug, please comment here!

To get beta updates from the Playstore:
Join this community: https://plus.google.com/communities/113568410006610080217
Opt-in here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/de.stefanpledl.drummersmetronome
Unfortunately you won't be able to opt-in without joining the community. Blaim Google for it...

1.8.15:
some bug fixes, some layout fixes for Android 2.x
Halloween special: adremoval is available for 99 CENT

Back