Prepping to get some in-ear monitors

The Shures were company bought, so I can't take them and have them modified. Every time I play, they're part of the gig - a pair gets issued to me for the day, and at the end of the day I have to turn them back in. When they break, they give me another pair to use. It's kinda nice doing it that way.

If you don't mind something obvious sticking out of your ears, this may be the way to go. You just pull the rubber or foam caps off the Shures and stick them into the Sensaphonics sleeves. End of the gig, pull them out, put the sleeves with your stuff and give back the Shures. There's no modification to anything. And you can always get a set of Shures for your own use.

I have 2 sets of the Shures which I use in conjunction with a P4HW body pack, a $100 set for practice and a $400 set for gigging and have been using the yellow foam sleeves on them for over 10 years with no problems what so ever. I do know a few guys that have custom molded theirs by using this stuff but I personally have not found the need to.

http://www.safetygearonline.com/custom-molded-ear-plugs

Back