Need Help Boom Stand(s)

Max Crespo

Ok Drummerworld

I am in the market for some new hardware, two boom stands in particular...

So I' m looking for an inexpensive boom stand the has the ability to be a straight stand and is "heavy" enough to hold a 12" tom

With so many different brands and models to choose from I can't tell if a stand is inexpensive and reliable or if its a cheap stand that wont be able to handle my tom

Also I need two stands not sure if thats helpful at all but I was thinking maybe there is a pack or something...

And on a slightly different note I' am also looking for a suspension mount for my 12" tom any suggestions?

Hopefully you guys can help me

Thanks
Max-

I' ve used Sound Percussion boom stands and they were great. I imagine that they could be what you're looking for. However(!), I don't gig so if someone here knows about quality of those stands in that respect, hopefully they can help you there. But yeah, SP's have been terrific for me.

+ 1 on the PDP I have 800 series and 900 series. the 900's are super heavy duty go way up and the boom will conceal inside the stand for a completely straight stand.

I' ve used Sound Percussion boom stands and they were great. I imagine that they could be what you're looking for. However(!), I don't gig so if someone here knows about quality of those stands in that respect, hopefully they can help you there. But yeah, SP's have been terrific for me.

Ditto this. I had three of them to hold my 8, 10, and 12 inch toms plus a cymbal each. They were 40 dollars each at GC. Mine are convertible which means they can be straight or boom.

The Tama Roadpro hardware is amazing quality. Sturdy as a house. I have 2 toms mounted off one of my Roadpro Straight Stands, along with 2 splashes mounted on it with a crash on the actual stand itself. 3 cymbals, 2 toms, 1 stand, they're great. Chunky as hell which is how I like them, other people dislike this however as it means they are very heavy which can be a nuisance for transport. So it depends how often you'll transport and how much you care about the weight of the stands. But yeah I believe a straight stand would set you back about £50, which is what, $80? Pretty good for the outstanding quality, but not for everyones taste I guess.

Back