Need mixing board recommendations

whitney/eames

This is my first post here. I'm sure you all love this site as much as I do! I recently bought some Audix mics, and am looking for a mixing board. I want at least 6 XLR channels, and at least one aux volume per channel. I'm thinking I don't need much more than 8 channels, and am looking to spend $200-$250 U.S. Any recommendations on brands or models?
Thanks!

I would recommend the yamaha mg124c it's got 6 xlr ins 2 aux sends

or the behringer 1222fx I just got the big brother of this the 2442fx for my band and it is really awesome. We previously had a mackie 12 channel vlz and after about 3 years the aux channels stopped working, and the final straw was the pre-amps started to fade, we bought the behringer as a quick fix to get through some gigs until we could save up for a soundcraft, or a allen & heath. I have to say the berhinger has impressed! the mic pres are really good, the internal effects unit is actually good enough for live work too. The reverbs, delays, and compression are all good. (you can't go in and tweak them like an outboard gear but it does the job). Its got a 7 band graphic eq and feedback detection. Alot of people diss behringer gear for being cheap, but out of the box it sounds better than my mackie does. In your price range it's probably the best for you.

anyone know much about the ULTRALINK PRO MX882?

I got one used for free but have not used it yet.

Back