Drum kit covers

Sirwill

Silver Member
I'm curious to find out just how many of us drummers are using some sort of drum kit cover to keep our kits clean and dust free when not in use? I have been using over sized black king sized bed sheets for years.

Totally. I live in a dusty farm town near Sacramento CA and my practice studio is a partially converted 2 car garage. I too use an old bed sheet to cover my kit. I keep all unused gear cymbals/drums in cases and or covered as well.

Doesn't everybody cover their kit??...I've covered mine for as long as I've been playing (30+ years),whether in clubs or in my basement the custom sewn (by the misses) bed sheets come out and i tuck them in for a long nights sleep.I've also used a car cover which works great and is flannel soft on the underside.I must ad that I also spay a light coating of original Armor-all on my cymbals once every few months and after wiping the excess off the cymbals are slicker than greased snot,nothing not even dust sticks to them and the coating does not alter the sound one bit.

Doesn't everybody cover their kit??...I've covered mine for as long as I've been playing (30+ years),whether in clubs or in my basement the custom sewn (by the misses) bed sheets come out and i tuck them in for a long nights sleep.I've also used a car cover which works great and is flannel soft on the underside.I must ad that I also spay a light coating of original Armor-all on my cymbals once every few months and after wiping the excess off the cymbals are slicker than greased snot,nothing not even dust sticks to them and the coating does not alter the sound one bit.
Armor-all on the cymbals! I have been playing since 1975 and never heard of that tip. I must give it a go...

Armor-all on the cymbals! I have been playing since 1975 and never heard of that tip. I must give it a go...

Hard to believe but it works very very well,I first heard about it while touring with a band in the early 80's (cue Wang Chung!)..gave it a try and have been doing it ever since.
My only concern with the application is that the cymbals are super slippery and they slip out of your hands way to easily,so ya just have to be a little more careful while carrying.

Back