Jose Pasillas

here are some pics from the concert:

the band
theband.jpg

brandon boyd and jose pasillas (best pic of jose unfortunately)
mikeandjose.jpg

mike einziger and brandon boyd
mikeandbrandon.jpg

mike
mike.jpg

brandon singing "earth to bell pt. 1"
brandonboyd.jpg

ben kenney
benkinney.jpg

As far as I know, this is accurate. I want to find out for sure. When DRUM! magazine did a cover story on Jose back in 2004, they reported all rides and no crashes. The cymbal setup listed on the Sabian website is definitely old.

In the newest issue of DRUM!, they report that he is using the same cymbal setup as he was in 2004, with a couple of changes. He still uses the 21" HH Raw Bell Dry Ride as his ride. He has 3 "crashes" that are actually rides. He is using a 21" HH Vintage Ride, a 22" HH Prototype Ride, and a 20" AAX Studio Ride as crashes.

incubus will come to chile in october but i wont see them
im gonna comitt suicide
jose is my favorite drummer

which DW use jose in light grenades?, which used in the last albums?, im modyfing the wikipedia page for jose pasillas

PD: i was joking about comitting suicide because i wont see incubus in october ,sorry for joking with that

which DW use jose in light grenades?, which used in the last albums?, im modyfing the wikipedia page for jose pasillas

PD: i was joking about comitting suicide because i wont see incubus in october ,sorry for joking with that

I knew you were joking...but there will be lots of oppurtunities, I'm sure.

As far as his gear, when I get home I'll let you know. I have it all written down there.

Jose Pasillas Perfect Consistency

From Fungus Amongus until Light Grenades, he has maintained his solid chops with amazing off-beats that just suit every track of Incubus.

Looking forward to play Idiot Box and A Certain Shade of Green with his quality!

Hey, I've listened to all Incubus' stuff, and I really enjoy Jose's playing. I haven't had the chance to see them live but I like what he plays on the songs Quicksand, When it Comes, Nowhere Fast, Paper Shoes, and Made For TV Movie, among others.

Also, since no one has mentioned this, has anyone else heard Incubus' "The Odyssey" from the Halo 2 soundtrack volume one? I know it's kinda weird because it's a video game soundtrack, but they have a mostly instrumental 27-minute piece on that CD split into 4 tracks that's really absolutely fantastic. There's a lot of odd-time parts, and the drumming is some of Jose's best. There's some big fills in the 4th movement that are pretty impressive. If you guys haven't heard it I highly recommend it.

I think Light Grenades is their best album since Make Yourself. I really like Jose's playing and I think he's probably an influence on me more than any other drummer on a subconcious level because I listen to him the most. I would be really interested to know what they would sound like had Dirk not left the band.

they would sound better because he is a better bassist, i like ben kenney and think hes good, but dirk lance was one funky beast. i still think light grenades is their worst album since fungus though. some great songs but some really dodgy moments as well. like quicksand, jose carries it off well but its just a bit of a dirge.

i think jose's playing is faultless, he's fantastic at playing for the song. He manages to be complex without over complicating anything. wish i could do that! but i just had a quick listen and i only like half the album, and a couple more tracks which i like large parts of but then really dont like others. but four of the songs i just dont like. its all obviously a matter of opinion and what do i know but i was a bit dissapointed.

can you get "the odyssey" on cd? i dont play halo (cos i suck at shooting games) so i haven't heard it...

Also, since no one has mentioned this, has anyone else heard Incubus' "The Odyssey" from the Halo 2 soundtrack volume one? I know it's kinda weird because it's a video game soundtrack, but they have a mostly instrumental 27-minute piece on that CD split into 4 tracks that's really absolutely fantastic. There's a lot of odd-time parts, and the drumming is some of Jose's best. There's some big fills in the 4th movement that are pretty impressive. If you guys haven't heard it I highly recommend it.

Yeah, I've heard it. I've listened to it straight through a few different times and really enjoyed it. There are some parts I like better than others (it is a very long piece of music when taken as a whole).

can you get "the odyssey" on cd? i dont play halo (cos i suck at shooting games) so i haven't heard it...

Check out iTunes or maybe another mp3 download site. Search for the Halo 2 soundtrack. The tracks should be on there. That's how I got them.

Yeah, I've heard it. I've listened to it straight through a few different times and really enjoyed it. There are some parts I like better than others (it is a very long piece of music when taken as a whole).

Yeah, I love the thing as a whole, but my favorite parts are most all of the second movement, the sick drum fills in the fourth, and the guitar solo in the end.

Oh, and Tetley- http://www.amazon.com/Halo-2-Vol-Various-Artists/dp/B00067RF6E

Back