Does anyone use DW 9000 pedals.

S

sufc.loyal

Tell me about your DW9000 pedals.

I have Iron Cobras, but am a little unsure about them, i some times find them abit slow, maybe it is just me, dont know.

Have read that the 9000's are good for speed.

Is this true, if not can you tell me why in your opionion..

ooh im qualified to comment. i have 9002s very nice good for speed like youve heard my m8 also has some ICs that he was nice enough to let me mess about with. to me the ICs feel a bit sluggish and heavy id rather have either a 5000 or elim over it albeit a nice pedal dosent suit my style. 9000s are rather light once you get them horrible stock beaters, ive got hardcores on em now with a weight near the head of the beater give it some oompf.

so yeah a great pedal.

Hey, man, just recently started a "Trick vs. DW 9002" thread. I wanted the DWs at first, but the more I research and the more videos I look at, the more I think a modern direct-drive design is best (especially for heel-toe). As much as I love DW and want to keep my kit as DW as possible, I think I'm leaning towards a modern design (mainly Trick, but Axis doesn't look too bad; Pearl Demon looks like they are just trying to look as expensive as Trick, but failing nonetheless). Read my thread for some good info, bro. I got a lot of help from the forums.

Hey, man, just recently started a "Trick vs. DW 9002" thread. I wanted the DWs at first, but the more I research and the more videos I look at, the more I think a modern direct-drive design is best (especially for heel-toe). As much as I love DW and want to keep my kit as DW as possible, I think I'm leaning towards a modern design (mainly Trick, but Axis doesn't look too bad; Pearl Demon looks like they are just trying to look as expensive as Trick, but failing nonetheless). Read my thread for some good info, bro. I got a lot of help from the forums.

Cheers mate. i wrote my thread, and like always a bull in a china shop, did not look to see the other threads. It was one of those DOH !!! moments, i then saw your thread, and yes there is some good comments there.

Well i can say that MrBling is exactly right, he sorted my mind out with a DW9000 a couple of weeks back ;)

And i personally owned the cobras and found them to be heavy and sluggish, so i sold them and got a second hand DW9000.....woh, these things are outstanding...Seriously they are just amazing and a real triumph in my opinion :]

Good luck! George.

Cheers mate. i wrote my thread, and like always a bull in a china shop, did not look to see the other threads. It was one of those DOH !!! moments, i then saw your thread, and yes there is some good comments there.

Oh, man, no worries; I'm not one of those "F* you man why didn't you search the forums loser!?!" kinda guys, I was just trying to direct you to some (recent) good info on your topic, because I know I certainly found it helpful in my DW 9K2 vs other pedals debate! I'm just still so tempted to get the 9k2s because I know how rock solid DW makes their stuff - you could drop it off the damn Empire State Building and it would survive. However, I think I'm beginning to accept that maybe a modern drive is SLIGHTLY better than DW's 9ks. I dunno', I'm gonna' go to Guitar Center and *hopefully* demo them back to back today.

I was going to do 9K2s with Trick Pro1-V beaters, but the more I ponder it the more I think I'm just gonna' give up drinking for a couple months and cough up the extra 200 for the Tricks.

Update: I demoed the Pearl Demon Drives against the DW 9k2s. I assume all other direct drives (Trick/Axis) are rather similar in feel to the Demons. I personally found that I couldn't seem to get as much power with the Demons as I could the 9k2s. Though I did get slightly faster singles with the Demons, they just seemed... I don't know, weaker? Though the direct drive seemed ever so faster, it seemed like I lost a lot of dynamics to get them that fast, like I had to keep my action really tight and squeezed as opposed to letting it rip like I felt like I could do with the 9k2s.

I walked out of the store with a pair of 9k2s. I didn't find the slight speed increase in the direct drives was worth it, especially considering the cost increase, seeing as it took away a little bit of power. If I was in a death metal band I may have made the stretch, but until then my beautiful 9k2s will more than do the trick. I can't imagine I'll need more speed than they will give me. They do feel a little heavier, but a quick swap of those clunky DW beaters and viola.

...Thank god I didn't have to give up drinking! :p

Back