DW 5000 double pedal for $220?

805Drummer

Gold Member
I just found it on ebay here: http://cgi.ebay.com/dw-5002-AD3-DOU...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:16|39:1|240:1318

It says the main beater is worn down, but I can always replace it cheap. Is that a pretty good deal? I won't want to replace it soon, right? Obviously, it's better than my PDP pedals now. But is it better or worse than the DW 7000?

I have the money now, so if you guys think I should go for it, I will, tonight. I've been wanting to upgrade my pedals for awhile now, and these look like they're the ones.

DW5000's are higher in the DW range than the 7000. I've owned a 5000 single for about three years now and it's a great pedal. Never felt the need to purchase another one. Simple, rugged and dependable. The feel of it is great too.

You can probably find a slightly cheaper deal than that eBay find if you look hard enough. That said, the price there isn't bad.

DW5000's are higher in the DW range than the 7000. I've owned a 5000 single for about three years now and it's a great pedal. Never felt the need to purchase another one. Simple, rugged and dependable. The feel of it is great too.

You can probably find a slightly cheaper deal than that eBay find if you look hard enough. That said, the price there isn't bad.

The only cheaper one is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=390026762755 , but it is super worn down, and that might lead to some problems in the future. There's another better-looking one for the same price, but it's an auction ending in 3 hours, so the price is bound to go up.

Well, I did a quick search on ebay of completed auctions, and saw them go for as high as $250 and as low as $180. So, it looks like a decent deal.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go for them. I just looked at the comparison specs to other pedals, and they look pretty solid. Plus, they match my kit =D

Hopefully I can get them tomorrow without someone else getting them first. My parents don't understand how ebay works :(

That one is a single chain. DO NOT get it.

I think you should look harder first. If nothing is found, go for it.

You mean that particular pedal, or DW 5000s in general? On their website, it says it's a double chain.

220 for a newer model 5000 is a good deal i think. i paid 200 for my yamaha dragons.

sure if you keep hunting you may find one for a little cheaper, but is saving 20 bux really big a deal? i would jump on it

Really, there are so many of these pedals for sale (eBay and elsewhere), don't create a sense of urgency where none should exist. I'm not, and never have been, a fan of the DW beater, so the first thing I do is switch them out. Easy enough to do. Have you played a DW 5000, single or double chain? If not, do so, before you buy one. My top 3 choices came down to the DW 5000 A3 (single chain), the Pearl Eliminator, and the Yamaha Flying Dragon (Direct Drive). The Yamaha finally won out, and I own 2 single direct drive pedals now.

That particular pedal for 185 or whatever. They make single and double chain. Double chain being the newer ones.

Oh, ok! I misread your last message, and I thought you were talking about the $220 one. Good.

Really, there are so many of these pedals for sale (eBay and elsewhere), don't create a sense of urgency where none should exist. I'm not, and never have been, a fan of the DW beater, so the first thing I do is switch them out. Easy enough to do. Have you played a DW 5000, single or double chain? If not, do so, before you buy one. My top 3 choices came down to the DW 5000 A3 (single chain), the Pearl Eliminator, and the Yamaha Flying Dragon (Direct Drive). The Yamaha finally won out, and I own 2 single direct drive pedals now.

Well, I've tried out the DW 5000, and I really like it. I haven't tested the Elims and Flying Dragons as much, mostly because Guitar Center is a longer drive, so I don't go there as much. Best Buy, however, has all the DW pedals to test out. And I've heard all over here that the beaters are too heavy, but replacing them would be pretty cheap--plus, they can't be that much worse than my current pedals, right?

Well, I've tried out the DW 5000, and I really like it. I haven't tested the Elims and Flying Dragons as much, mostly ....... all the DW pedals to test out. ..... but replacing them would be pretty cheap--plus, they can't be that much worse than my current pedals, right?
OK...good, at least you've got your feet on some "other" pedals. Not a lot of time, maybe, but some. Now, the idea of an upgrade is to move as far away from "can't be much worse than my current pedals" as possible. If you're gonna drop $200, you wanna say "these things smoke my old pedals". If the DW 5000's "smoke" your PDP's, then pull the trigger. If not, then keep searching for a pedal that will, and keep saving money for it.

try some ICs as well my m8 has some and they are the new 1s f=great pedals

I bought my double Elim's for €135, so $220 for a DW5000 double pedal sounds expensive?

135 Euros = 176.41800 U.S. dollars

But usually these things are about $350, so this is a pretty fine deal.

OK...good, at least you've got your feet on some "other" pedals. Not a lot of time, maybe, but some. Now, the idea of an upgrade is to move as far away from "can't be much worse than my current pedals" as possible. If you're gonna drop $200, you wanna say "these things smoke my old pedals". If the DW 5000's "smoke" your PDP's, then pull the trigger. If not, then keep searching for a pedal that will, and keep saving money for it.

Interesting philosophy. But since I don't really have the luxury of a car, so I can't just drive to Best Buy/GC to test them thoroughly, I'm gonna have to go based on features and such. I might be able to go today, but probably not.

try some ICs as well my m8 has some and they are the new 1s f=great pedals

The thing is...I've read a lot of old threads from this forum (and other forums), and there is a general consensus that the Iron Cobras feel a lot slower and delayed. I know some people disagree, but it seems like this is the general feeling about them.

just try them it may be the type he has the R glide. and the coils make a great deal of difference.

While I agree that a 5000 is your best option for price, color, brand matching, etc, you should be aware there are turbos (fast, unnatural feel from offset cam shape) and accelerators (round sprocket, direct feel). I may have those reversed, but there's something to think about.

While I agree that a 5000 is your best option for price, color, brand matching, etc, you should be aware there are turbos (fast, unnatural feel from offset cam shape) and accelerators (round sprocket, direct feel). I may have those reversed, but there's something to think about.

You have that reversed. Turbo's have a round sprocket. I prefer the accelerators.

Back